one stupid wheel question...

boilerdude

going to add a bit of mindless atitude

spent the last few days of available idle time making a 17mm ID hole in a swing arm bush - now i'm rural ( nearest shop of need 25miles)  - don't have a 17mm drill bit - have 15mm max - silly cheap boring bit for my 1936 vintage lathe wouldn't accurately bore a sore tooth so I cut n shaped a new one - job done - probably cost me more than biting the bullet and digging into my Scottish super glued wallet and buying a 17mm drill - hayho, its fun making it work with what you have - you do learn (better at shaping cutting bits) - and the hole is probably now more accurately 17mm than a drill bit would achieve anyway - cause its not 17mm - its the size that matches the OD of the wheel spindle

bit missed out ?? - didn't tell you about the x 2 other things I tried in vain to achieve the hole - they went in the bin, all part of the fun - fear not a mistake or a bodge - its right to do it right but its not worng to do it otherwise - and its better to try and fail versus not trying at all

its Sunday - preaching is fine but its ok, its Monday tomorrow :tu

• Like 2