GSX-R 750 (1986) (GR75A) Help Rear Wheel swap

Hey Community

I am from Switzerland.

Since 1986 i own a GSX-R 750 (GR75A). In 1986 when i bought this bike i let Change the rear wheel by my dealer ==> The rear wheel was this from the GSX-R 1100 (GU75C), this is the 4x18 rim "which can swap in without any modifications"  (originally of the 750 was the 3.5x18 rim). I took this swap because i like to use a 160/60/18 Tyre ==> and this was a good idea untill now.

Since 30 Years this rear wheel swap was not a Problem for the Government that inspect the street vehicle every 2 years - now after this many years suddenly the expert of the Government want have a PAPER that says that this Rear Rim of the GU74C is correct to use in the GR75A?!

Can anybody help me with a PAPER that says that this rear rim swap 4x18 (GU74C - GSXR 1100, 1986) is ok to use in the GR75A (GSXR 750, 1986)???

I Need your Support!

yours

Jörg

Or get in touch with Suzuki? If this 'Type Approval' is a bi-annual thing, and you're happy to continue using the 1100 wheel, I'd buy and fit a 750 wheel, get it approved, then put your 1100 wheel back in when the TA guys have gone back into the woodwork! (y)

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Like 1

Can you get a correct 750 wheel secondhand for when the bike has to have its test, and then swap back to the 1100 wheel until it needs to be tested again? This is the UK way of doing things, especially for loud exhausts - we have a 'MOT baffle', that goes in once a year. And hello.