That time all electrics failed, neutral diode dies

richyrich

So i had a moment last night doing sixty on a30 when all the electrics died. For a second i could see in the dark like batman or some shit.

Anyway now  It starts in neutral and everything works, put it in gear and ignition is stopped but lights work, and the koso speedo does funny things.

Earlier yesterday id 'tidied' the loom abit, pulled about, ziptied it abit. 

This happened before in the garage so changed the neutral diode and worked for a few hundred miles. Twenty year old diode, fair enough.

Sidestand neutral circuit fails somehow in the dark at speed, better sort this out properly wtf

Anyone any thoughts? 

Can i just unplug the neutral switch tho?  it will think its permanently in gear and not start. Or if i earth the loom connector permanently neutral, and the diode is still live and a week link. 

There never was a clutch switch and the sidestand loom connector i.plugged into its earth ages ago.

How to remove the whole circuit back past the relay nicely and somehow keep the warning light

Im sure this all started with the koso clocking clocks

Pics of spaghetti to follow

Without stand and clutch switches, the diode pack is definitely surplus to requirements. Simplified system is orange / white from kill switch to feed coils and ign ecu only and blue from neutral switch up to neutral light in clocks which should have power to the other side of it...... the neutral switch, switches to earth when out of gear. I'll check wiring loom diagram later to check if i've missed something.

Nice one gix1460,  thats good info on neutral warning light, probly capable of getting that working.     theres lots of oranges going to the relay before the diode.  do you mean one of them?

Can i leave the relay in place and itll just work maybe. Id prefer to lose a pointless relay but dont want to cut and splice all its connection. 

Next week when the bike and diagram is in front of me i'll have a crack at it