Moving Fuse box

Blue

Anyone moved their fuse box on fighters slabbie? I don't want to put it under tank as I may need access whilst out & about. I've currently got it under the front seat but it's open to the elements, maybe I should move it into the tail piece under rear seat before I start rewiring 

Edited by Blue

If you do move it to the back probably an idea to up the wire sizes to compensate for voltage drop. Be wary of alternator output, I had a drag bike that was charging at 18V owing to the length of wiring before the alternator saw a signal voltage. Fortunately, in this case the alternator could be removed to run total loss, not an option on a street bike.....

Steve

36 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

If you do move it to the back probably an idea to up the wire sizes to compensate for voltage drop. Be wary of alternator output, I had a drag bike that was charging at 18V owing to the length of wiring before the alternator saw a signal voltage. Fortunately, in this case the alternator could be removed to run total loss, not an option on a street bike.....

Steve

I doubt very much that wiring was the issue - more than likely a fubar'd regulator! Seeing as GSXR alternators are two wire only red - battery perm. live and Orange switched loads, sensing is instantaneous? Electrons don't really care if wire is 1ft long or 6ft in this case. Regardless - off topic!

Most loom wiring will handle a 1m extension providing comparable wire section is used with decent soldered joints - twisted together + a bit of PVC tape ain't gonna cut it!

Just now, Gixer1460 said:

I doubt very much that wiring was the issue - more than likely a fubar'd regulator! Seeing as GSXR alternators are two wire only red - battery perm. live and Orange switched loads, sensing is instantaneous? Electrons don't really care if wire is 1ft long or 6ft in this case. Regardless - off topic!

Most loom wiring will handle a 1m extension providing comparable wire section is used with decent soldered joints - twisted together + a bit of PVC tape ain't gonna cut it!

Well it went on a road bike afterwards and charged at a steady 14V so def an issue on the load sensing side. We have seen several causes for over voltage output on GSX-R's. In this instance, everything was brand new, wires, relays,connectors the lot. Upping the wire from fuse to nitrous controller from 1mm to 1.5mm saw a voltage increase at controller of nearly 1.5V and also cured the running issues we were having, so yeah, it is all relevant.... Just saying as I see it, nothing worse than knifing up a brand new harness.... Back to topic...