Cylinder head STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rustynail

Go for oil cooled! Lighter, more power and younger! All are common crank cases, so would think any problems fitting one might be carb/petcock/tank clearance. Dot head, more downdraught, more problems. All do-able. Just depends how much you want to do it! Go for it!  Now, back to the San Miguel, ( whoever invented that should get a fuckin' medal) and the pizza! Friday nights? Gotta love 'em!!!

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Like 1

Thanks everybody all info given is greatly appreciated:tu. Thats right Toni Oil cooled engines go in but tank has to raised and then side panels altered, Scotty is on with one on here but not heared anything for a while.Hope you enjoyed your San Miguel & pizza.

Had look at the link Captain but will probably go with standard engine as cheaper option. Like that shock though.

13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

you need to have at least 50 posts to see it.

thanks - need to get going with my own project and post it up - interesting reading up on engine options versus frame fit - i've kinda got the opposite issue - too big a space = so what engine and where best do to place it ?? - i've made my choice by the reasoning of

What kinda power / torque do I want for this ? - ok GSXR1100L has enough as is - GSX1100 is prefered but will need a fair bit of work to hit the target - ok the L wins based on the easiest route to get to what I want from it ( hayho and there's always the future option to go get a bit more with this engine) ok engine selected based on std is best if it hits the target

Next: how does it fit the frame: - assuming your in the ball park, this is a relatively simple and cheap task - adapting the frame and cosmetics - within a degree of reasonable fit is grinder and welder stuff - ok it can fit - tick

Next: where best to fit it - this one you can loose sleep over if you get to annal about it  - it's going to be a compromise so you may not have much choice -yi got to get the cam cover off - you got to be able to get the ex pipe around the down tubes - you want the weight fwd but you also want the sprocket as near to swing arm pivot as possible - and whilst doing this you need to pay attention to the effects of squat ref: height of sprocket relative to swing arm angle etc..  = effectively the tilt of the engine if your keeping an eye on the cam cover clearance - whilst also keeping an eye on the COG height - argh !!!!! getting sucked in - fook it, fit it, weld it - try it :D

• Like 1