Noise Limits

Solcambs

16 minutes ago, Solcambs said:

Does anyone have experience with GSXR 1127 (or 1216 high comp) on a Racefit Legend or equivalent full titanium pipe with foam filtered flatslides? Do they come under the 105 dB trackday limit? 

May be worth giving them a bell. I think Gary Inmans Black Arrow was similar spec to what you've described....

That bike was built very closely with Racefit

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/guygilbert/media/C404A324-EF85-417A-8A91-C3D1048FFB54_zpshzc65ikl.png.html]C404A324-EF85-417A-8A91-C3D1048FFB54_zps[/URL]

Edited by R1guy

Just spotted this in the FAQ section of their website  ... doesn't say whether the legend can accept a NRI 

"HOW LOUD ARE RACEFIT EXHAUSTS / WILL MY EXHAUST BE ALLOWED ON TRACK DAYS?

Racefit exhausts (depending on which design on which bike) combined with our Noise Reduction Insert (NRI) are designed to comply with current FIM/ACU (superbike) regulations.  Generally track days are run according to these regulations and if your exhaust is correctly maintained you should have no problems."

Edited by Solcambs

LOL - I got a response from them! Not very helpful! 

I said " Looking at the legend system for my Katana - it started life as a 750 import frame but I replaced the GSX lump with a GSXR1100M 1127 oilblower (will eventually be bored to high compression Wiseco based 1216, & flowed, kent cams) I'll be running with Mikuni flatslides, and expect around 150hp eventually - can you confirm what's the sound output of the exhausts in that sort of set up .. conscious of noise limits etc at trackdays. Can you also confirm how much I need to budget for the full titanium"

They said, " Many thanks for your enquiry.  Apologies for the delay in replying. Potentially yes no problem …..but we would need the bike in….. "

I could assume he says - yes they can do that and that nosie is not an issue - but think a phone call would be better  :o)