wheel swap

ktalgsto

looking for some info or someone who has done a wheel swap , my bike is a 1992 gsxr 1100 , and i want to put the 2007 straight spoke wheel both front and rear , here's the info i know my wheels are front 17 x 3.5 rear 17 x 5.5 , and both front and rear axle's are 20mm , and i think the 2007's axle's are 25mm , and i think they come in 3.5 front and both 5.5 and 6 rear,,, any info or help would be very much appreciated .

Looked into this afew years ago to change the wheels on my harris,,, if you just want straight spokes then mark 2 bandit 1200 wheels will drop in same spindles, bearings and most spacers are the same, disc offset is 2mm off but slingy discs fit. if you are after the 2007 wheels specifically then you need 600/750 rear as they are 5.5 inch,

1100 front brgs 20x47x14 rear 20x47x14

600/750 frnt 25x52x15   rear 28x52x12

so fronts needed are 20 x 52 x 15 which are 6304

rears 20 x 52 x 12 which are BB1B447205A

then it gets complicated with the sprocket carrier so I gave up and fitted spoked wheels instead!!!!!!!!!!!!:$

Ive used K1-3 wheels. Not had a look at later ones. I believe the sprocket offset is the same. Oil cooled offset is 10mm different to K-series.

I ended up having the wheel, spacer and carrier machined down by 5mm, then run a talon sprocket back to front to get another 3mm then a 2mm spacer behind front sprocket to get the full 10mm needed.

Tons of people will tell you they have fitted busa/TL/srad/k-series wheels and its central and chain run correct.

Its basically rubbish, impossible without compensating for the 10mm.

Depending on the bike you might have enough clearence for a 10mm offset front sprocket

Its a bit of a faff and not really worth the effort unless you really like them or need the weight saving

39 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Tons of people will tell you they have fitted busa/TL/srad/k-series wheels and its central and chain run correct.

Its basically rubbish, impossible without compensating for the 10mm.

This is so strange- do you think there are loads of bikes pottering around with <10mm off centre sprockets?