Bandit Swingarm into ET

mick-ne

i have had the same problem with my Mk 1 Bandit 12 arm into my GS750 frame!

i had the top hats both made the same (8mm rim) to centralize the arm in the frame, with the arm fitted including a Mk 2 bandit wheel, sprocket carrier, brake hanger and spacers.

with this set up the wheel was a fair amount off center to the right!!

but if i had removed metal from the L/H wheel spacer to move the wheel over, then the sprocket carrier bolts would hit the swing arm, and the chain run would be too close to the frame and a nightmare to sort.

i have found that after reducing the L/H top hat to 2mm and increasing the other to 14mm, the wheel now sits in the middle and the chain run will be good after removing 8mm from the sprocket carrier face.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input  guys , I am sorting the forks first so I can try and get an idea where the rear wheel is actually sitting.

I wonder if there is anything stopping you removing the sprocket studs and bolting it on for more clearance ?

I have never seen one bolted but why ?

1 hour ago, mick-ne said:

Thanks for the input  guys , I am sorting the forks first so I can try and get an idea where the rear wheel is actually sitting.

I wonder if there is anything stopping you removing the sprocket studs and bolting it on for more clearance ?

I have never seen one bolted but why ?

My rear wheel has the sprocket bolted on Mick,but it is modular in that you can unbolt the hubs as well

2 hours ago, mick-ne said:

It will be a ET look but the colour changes every week, lol, I was stuck on Black then saw a real nice red one on that site.

Did you see it, it was a real nice bike, I wish I kept a pic now.

Yes I saw it mick,candy red or something like that ,personally I like my colour scheme and the black with blue angled stripes colour scheme.

OK, Today I collected my bushes.

I cannot thank the people who posted here enough, I was convinced I needed my wheel in the centre of the swingarm and that in the centre of the frame. I wasn't even thinking about the wheel being in the centre of the bike.

I am posting some pics on my build thread for anyone interested or others who follow.

Thread title Another ET Turbo

Thanks Mick.

Edited by mick-ne
  • Like 1