Bandit Swingarm into ET

mick-ne

750 et had smaller spindle than 1100 , as Paul said  et ones go through the hangers but gs 550 or 750 ones eliminate this if you've got a 750 frame ,for 11 frames a esd spindle will work 

as above take it all to your machinist 

Edited by gsx
17 minutes ago, gsx said:

750 et had smaller spindle than 1100 , as Paul said  et ones go through the hangers but gs 550 or 750 ones eliminate this if you've got a 750 frame ,for 11 frames a esd spindle will work 

as above take it all to your machinist 

That's good info,I didn't know that.

Bandits 220 I think and gsx is 226.

just be careful as when did mine didn't allow for the bandit chain rubber .just measure complete bandit arm width and gs frame which gives you your shoulder width .

if you don't have the bandit chain rubber and aren't intending to use one take the side to side play off one of the bandit top hats and then measure . Hope that makes sense  

19 minutes ago, mick-ne said:

Well after reading threads about chain runs I am now tempted to leave the engine mounts unwelded until I get the arm and wheel in.

Whats the opinions on setting the engine off centre to help with chain run ?

I'd be weary about going down this route- whatever motor you are going to use, it's a heavy old donk to be offcentre. I can imagine it creating some rather unique handling characteristics

Centre the engine mick,deal with the chain run when you are ready,my chain just kissed the frame with a 5.5 wheel in it and the rear sprocket reversed,now with the 6in rim going in,I'm going to have to channel the frame by the looks of it, it's nothing that wasn't done back in the day,get your engine in central ,likewise the wheels lined up then sort the chain run.

21 hours ago, Paulm said:

Ah,must be 14 and 15mm on the spindles then,mines an 1100 frame,I'll measure it when I take the spindle out again.

Me  16mm top hats are for the 11s ,14mm for the 750 , had to get some new ones made .

any progress  or pictures ?

Got 3 m16 fine thread nuts if any one wants one , took a while to track down but lost me katana one 

Edited by gsx
2 hours ago, gsx said:

Me  16mm top hats are for the 11s ,14mm for the 750 , had to get some new ones made .

any progress  or pictures ?

Got 3 m16 fine thread nuts if any one wants one , took a while to track down but lost me katana one 

Do you mean me or Mick?

I took the spindle and top hat to a machine shop who does some work for my company.

The guy said  instead of bushes he will make new tophats to suit the spindle out of stainless collect tomorrow no charge, cant argue with that,lol

Meanwhile in my shed my cushdrive is going under the knife lol

cush.png

• Like 2

Just thinking about getting the wheel fitted, I have  presumed I need the wheel in the centre of the swingarm.

If the wheel is central in the arm does this translate to central in the frame , does that make sense lol.

Also if I need an extra few mm has anyone machined the actual chain adjuster block on the swingarm to get over a bit, theres quite a bit meat on it ?

Fit swinger to frame, with rear

wheel. No spacers. Fit forks and front wheel. Works better ( more accurate)  without tyres. Run straight edges alongside rear rim, extending past front rim. Measure offset at front rim.  Centre rear rim accordingly. Measure, and make spacers to suit. Don't forget the caliper hanger! Now the chain line. You may find, in extreme cases, the sprocket carrier will inhibit movement of wheel to the left. Not likely, but possible. 

Edited by Swiss Toni
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Fit swinger to frame, with rear

wheel. No spacers. Fit forks and front wheel. Works better ( more accurate)  without tyres. Run straight edges alongside rear rim, extending past front rim. Measure offset at front rim.  Centre rear rim accordingly. Make spacers to suit.

Wot @Swiss Toni said ... this does of course assume your frame and forks etc are all true. So while you are at it, it is worth taking some measurements point to point each side to confirm that your frame has not twisted.

• Like 1