Srad forks/bandit wheel

luke2152

So im doing a front end swap on my bandit using cbr 929 yokes (because they are stepped to allow shorter forks) and srad 750 forks (so i can keep my stock brakes).  Want to use bandit wheel and figured i can put some bearings in to allow 25mm spindle. knock up a few spacers and happy days. But just realised srad uses 320mm discs to the bandits 310mm. Would it be so bad to have a the caliper overlapping the disc by 5mm?

Ive done this several times, there is no 25x47x14 standard bearing readily available bearing.

So ive made a couple of sleeves for the bandit wheel spindle, one threaded to fit in the sppedo side and one plain split one for the right hand side,

I had concerns about the discs but when fitted there is only 3 mm of the discs swept area not covered by the pads and they worked just fine. I used slingshot yokes and the calliper spacing was spot on with slingy discs and needed 2mm spacers with b12 discs,

what are the fork cetres when using the Hondag yokes, the srad are 214mm if I remember right??,

I got over the length issue by making a stepped yoke by welding 2 together to gain 25mm..(y)

I got a couple of 25x47x12 bearings off Eblag and figure the depth wont matter if i have to make spacers up anyway. Brought some 25mm ID aluminium pipe with 2.5mm walls to make spacers out of but I'm not sure if it is thick enough to not crush.  i think cbr yokes also have 214mm fork centres but haven't measured.

If you are deleting the speedo drive ....... why all the fuss with spacers / bearings / disc sizes and such ?  Just source a srad wheel and pop it in place . The bandit wheel and srad both have the same look / straight 3 spokes.....  so sell the bandit crap and the rest is history .

• 2 weeks later...