gsx1170 best cams

berty

If its running ok why fiddle,    "it ain't broke don't fix it"     as its only a street bike  why ??     if it had a fully tuned motor and you where going to race it then yes maybe go cams but for just normal road use why buy things not necessary, probably better to spend money on making it handle better.  this is just my opinion

Edited by kiwi
  • Like 1

If its running ok why fiddle,    "it ain't broke don't fix it"     as its only a street bike  why ??     if it had a fully tuned motor and you where going to race it then yes maybe go cams but for just normal road use why buy things not necessary, probably better to spend money on making it handle better.  this is just my opinion

Stop trying to ruin all the pointless fiddling fun:D

• Like 1

Bike is running good , and handling mods well dealt with thanks . But there is always room for improvement , even on a road bike . I do have a set of slots but my cam setting up skillls have,shall we say ,never been explored . 

Thats ok berty you don't have to thank me ;) you asked a question i offered an opinion SIMPLES

It's true though we cant help ourselves even when the performance gains are marginal and the reliability is compromised. One day we'll see sense and leave them alone when they are working :D 

KM you speak for yourself i like to play mr mechanic with my motorbikes thats why i have so manyB| 

• Like 1

CC i do help fellow bikers out aswell, but thankfully mines more of a hobby as got a day job also :P ,  always get told should of done it for a living but IMHO i think i would of lost the enjoyment factor :o, i like how i can just get on me lathe or milling machine and make most parts required, was a welder fabricator which is handy also so have most bases covered  B|

Fortunately I am in the position where I can be picky and tell people to f*ck off if I don't want to fix their bike. For example this morning a guy came, asked if I do engine work, of course I said "yes". He started talking about his H*nda VF750 and before he had finished I already told him "no".

This way I make it a bit more interesting to do. :)

• Like 1

Actually sometimes I come home in the evening and don't want to touch a bike. But those days are few and far between.

Usually in winter the bike business is pretty quiet here in Lithuania, so we do a lot of modifying/fabrication in between playing ping pong. In summer I only ride my bikes and do not modify at all.

But let's not hijack this thread too much.

Edited by captain chaos
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

yes some interesting cam advice indeed.:vu:

look into my eyes look into my eyes - and your back in the room !!!

was perhaps thinking of recut et cams to efe spec - presuming efe cams are slightly higher spec ?????? would like to keep the  et cams for the rev count drive.

any thoughts ?

Edited by berty