Enginemounts Frame GS110X Motor GSX1100F

Dyo

Hallo,

I'm new here and hope to get some Information or Tips for a new project.

The Frame is a GS110X Katana from 83 and the motor schould be a 1127 from a GSX1100F.

I found a lot of comments about this combination by google, but every link that exists to the drawings for fitting enginemounts are dead. They all target to this board, but I think to an old version, cause there is nothing found on this page.

Is there anybody, who kniows something about this combination or about the drawings for the mounts that was here a long time ago?

Regards

Dyo

I've never make any drawings with sizes so you should measure and make them yourself.  The "problem" is the size of the engine, an oil cooled engine is shorter so you get a gap between the engine and frame

example of  my (ex) gsx1100e,  but frame is the same size as a 1983 (correct me if a am wrong)

Afb0854.jpg

Afb0859.jpg

the gap between frame and engine

Afb0899.jpg

this was my solution

CIMG0568-1.jpg

Edited by pruttelaap
spelling is not my best feature
  • Like 3

I already saw these drawings, but the one I need is the small one on black ground.

The other ones are for the EFE with a frame build of square-tubes. I don't know if these mounts also fits to the framebuild of round-tubes

Does anybody know where to find the small drawing on black ground in a good size?

Or may be someone has a file for CNC-maschines?

I already saw these drawings, but the one I need is the small one on black ground.

The other ones are for the EFE with a frame build of square-tubes. I don't know if these mounts also fits to the framebuild of round-tubes

Does anybody know where to find the small drawing on black ground in a good size?

Or may be someone has a file for CNC-maschines?

http://old-skool-suzuki.proboards.com/thread/301/gsxr-engine-mounts-gsx-frame

i have put a gsxr engine into a kat frame, and can tell you right now that the mounts on the file/ picture/ cad drawing do not fit..

They didnt fit my katana frame anyway 1981 kat.

I have also fitted a couple ofgsxr enjines to EFE frames, and they are close, but im sure one of them (poossibly bottom mount is off).

I found the easiest way to do this, and save yourself some heartache, is to remove the sump from the gsxr motor, and place the enjine in the frame, you can shim it up until you have it in the desired position. If you remove the sump, you can put some steel plate across the bottom of the frame, and slide the enjine back and forth till you have it in the correct position, and you can shim it up or down easier.

You need to take into account the following.

MAke sure exhaust is fitted, and clears the frame downtubes

Make sure the carbs and filters are fitted, and clear the Kat side panels and tank

Most importantly, make sure the enjine sprocket is in the same position as the orijinal katana one was., and lines up with the rear wheel

then measure them up and away you go.

All you need are some accurate verniers, and a friendly CNC monkey

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 1

OK, thanks to the hint about these drawings.

I don't know where the original Position of sprocket is, and theres no 1100 maschine to test it.
Is it posible that the GS75X-maschine has the same mounts and position than the GS110X?
Still have 750 motors mounted in an GS75X and also as parts. If it fits I can take the position from there.

OK, thanks to the hint about these drawings.

I don't know where the original Position of sprocket is, and theres no 1100 maschine to test it.
Is it posible that the GS75X-maschine has the same mounts and position than the GS110X?
Still have 750 motors mounted in an GS75X and also as parts. If it fits I can take the position from there.

Nope, engine mounts front below are different.

You will find if you use original front mounts you may (I did twice)  have problems with headers catching frame if you shorten the front mounts (so motor further forward) you wont have this problem it all depends what headers your using so dont everyone jump in saying theres were ok as I have four sets of headers that catch frame there are more than one frame. The 750 has bottom mounts in different place and my 83 750 frame has different front mounts to my 81 frame

any thanks to you guys ;-)

I'll try to use these drawings first with thin material to have a look if the headers fits, than I need to build the real parts in V4A only once.

The real fork is already mounted, the one from the GSX1100F fits perfekt in the frame. The front fork also fits, but I'm not so happy about the oilcooler-mounts. Have to play around a little bit where to place the oilcooler without making the stearingangle to smal.

By the way, sorry for my bad english...

but I'm not so happy about the oilcooler-mounts. Have to play around a little bit where to place the oilcooler without making the stearingangle to smal.

By the way, sorry for my bad english...

Not a good pic but this is where I put my oilcooler

P1020866.jpg

Using a 19 row 330mm width oilcooler.

• 2 years later...