Cam caps GS1000

Bit of a weird one that I have never had before. I've put some GS750 cams (well bought as 750 cams ) and put them in the GS1000 motor that I was building out of bits ;) and when I tightened the exhaust cam caps the motor would not turn over by hand; slackened the cam caps off and the engine turns over. The caps that I was using were bought as GS1000 cam caps but bought on their own witout engine or cams (but yes, they were put onto the head in the right places).
So I've put some other cam caps in (GS1000, from another spare engine) and all works fine, all nice and smooth.
The reason I've used GS750 cams is because I've been told from a U.S. site you may know that the 750 cams allows the GS1000 motors to rev quicker, so I thought I'd give it a go (why not, LOL).

Any ideas? Anyone had this before? Bit worried to start up the new engine, just in case there's something odd about the cams or caps, though I can't see anything (except one of the exhaust cams is a bit scored at one side, otherwise looks pretty new).