GSX 1100 EFE Chain Conversion 630 to 530

Maggo

Hi everyone,

i need a new chain kit and i want to switch from 630 to 530.

The 630 stock setting is:

15 tooth front sprocket

42 t rear sprocket

102 link chain 

What do i need for a 530 conversion?

15t/42t - but what about the chain?

Do i need a spacer?

I dont find a ressource, where i can buy a complete conversion kit.

Edited by Maggo

15t with 630 pitch is physically bigger than 15t 530 pitch (18/530 makes the same diameter like 15/630). So make sure, you don't run into chain eating swingarm issues before you order a chain set.

You only need spacers if you're going to install a wider rear tyre and deal with chain clearing issues. 630 and 530 are basically same width, btw. If you want a narrower chain, go for 520. Works well on my 1230 cc EFE-engined Katana. And quite a tad lighter than 530.

• Like 1

OK, thanks - I'll report, when the conversion is finished. Probably next year i want swap the wheels - but for now, the stock wheels do their job.

I ordered 530 already, because a lot of sprockets  from different project-bikes in my shed are in 530 .

I have already a 520 chain on my bandit -it works well, definitely.

I have a 530 on my 1150. Standard is the same as the 1100 (630 15/42). Most of the time I run 15/38 for range and 15/42 if I want her to be more punchy. Should be pretty much the same on an 1100. Being I (presumably) have more torque, I would go with a 40T on an 1100. Just my opinion

• Like 1

For a swap to 530 choose the front sprocket as large as possible (as already Pedda suggested).. Also I always found the stock gearing way too low (lots of shifting for city riding and revving the nuts off on the motorway..

I'm using a pretty tall 17/43 in combination with an 18" wheel on both my Kat (EFE engine) and my 1327 EFE..This makes for an improbable 286 kph top speed, but offers actual usability of the gearbox rather than having it in 5th gear most of the time..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...