Top end oiling?

So i fitted a turbo on my B-1216, also the engine's got APE studs that are thicker than standard ones. Do I need external oil feed to the top end? Just asking because (I guess that) turbo oil feed takes some of the oil pressure away and thicker studs may not let sufficent amount of oil to the top.

I know that cam to cam links are basically pointless, but can someone share a picture of correct setup that actually works.

Cheers

You can buy a proper set up that feeds of the oil pressure block , but I made my own using the bottom oil gallery plug near ignition pick up , I used I straight double 3 an banjo fitting which fed the turbo and also linked to the top end using another double fitting to a single fitting if this makes sense 

No, measure diameter of hole trough cylinder, calculate surface area (square mm), do the same with the stud, retract one from another.

Calculate surface area thicker stud, retract one from another.

Now you calculate what size you need to drill the hole, I had to drill mine 1mm larger. Oh, make sure you got enough material left before you start drilling.

Drill cylinder and cylinder head. Not hard when you have a drill press

Ha ha it's the codine just had my knee done didn't read it properly I think steve 307 with the gs project build on here did some tidy oil lines plus I'm sure on a oil boiler there is a oil gallery plug near the same place as efe I will check on my slabby then just a matter of getting a fitting with a female sender m10 1.0 pitch and making your own lines 

• Like 2

I know that i have to take the feed from the same plug as the turbo, then it goes up to the two plugs on the right side of the head. But what about the left side? Do i need just connect the two plugs to each other or connect it to a third place?

1 hour ago, CossiEst said:

I know that i have to take the feed from the same plug as the turbo, then it goes up to the two plugs on the right side of the head. But what about the left side? Do i need just connect the two plugs to each other or connect it to a third place?

No - Virtually no one ever does external lines to feed the head on GSXR based motors - the above picture is a GSX which are more suitable but still need some work to block off the std. feeds if using external lines. Oil lines for turbo and for cam feeds don't need to be the same place - its just more convenient.

17 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Very Nice Ken - now show how to do it on a Bandit!

My Kawazuki coped fine with APE studs and turbo feed off the main gallery. The GSXR range have excessive oil pressure which is regulated down so additional flow will be compensated for by the relief valve.

Aggree with 1460. The top end oil supply is controlled by jets in the block at the base of the studs that carry the oil anyway, so the reduced flow caused by the larger studs makes no difference as still slot more flow around the studs than the jets can deliver. The only thing i noticed is that the oil seals that go in the head gasket area are a tighter fit around the studs but again they only need clearance to match the area of the jet hole. So should be fine.