Slingshot valves in 750L

Yeah, 750F is a short stroke motor sadly. I've a 600F motor which is a long stroke motor but I'm thinking the valves would be smaller in there anyway? I've found plenty of used valves for the slingshot J and K motor but can't find anything for the L motor? looking like I'll have to stump up the mega expensive price for a new genuine Suzzook one :-(

• 1 month later...
On 30/05/2016 at 6:53 PM, Motovalet said:

Yeah, 750F is a short stroke motor sadly. 

Not the 98 onwards,that went to a 750 long stroke.

And according to Bike parts-suz.com,the 750j/k and l all use the same.
http://www.bike-parts-suz.com/microfiches-s_recherche_piece.html?recherche2=oui&text_recherche=12911-17D00-000

http://www.bike-parts-suz.com/microfiches-s_recherche_piece.html?recherche2=oui&text_recherche=12912-17D00+&image=Search

• Like 1

Um - going back a bit here but exhaust valves used to be treated to withstand the intense heat of the exhaust gases. That is why they are usually more expensive.  Inlet valves were not because they run much cooler.  Also the valves used to be surface hardened so machining them would require a big first cut to get through the surface.  That's why I said   "WHAT !!!".  If it works and lasts, all well and good.

• Like 1

That's what you may believe but valve durability is usually down to steel alloy used or construction - more silicon or chromium will improve heat resistance or two part valve with stainless 21-2N or 21-4N head on a non stainless stem usually fares better. No treatments, no hardening, just alloy selection, casting, machining, quenching, tempering and grinding goes to make a valve. 

• Like 1