GS1000SN/ST VIN & Engine # range

as has been said, the s models had an 18 inch rear, the e models had a 17 inch rear and perhaps easiest of all, the  first gs models with slide carbs had different sizes. 1000e had 26mm slide carbs and the 1000s had 28mm slides. i see the bike in question has slides on it so have a measure and see whats there.

Will wait for more close up photos to be send to me to find more about the bike. He did told me on the rego paper it did stated a S model but sometime it is not true and not to mentioned the compliance plate stated 5/1981 and that is why I am curious that do Suzuki have any ST in 1981.

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

AFAIK the slide-carb models had plain brake discs, not slotted. It looks a bit like a thrown-together-from-different-models bike.

But it has all the signs of not being an S.

Thanks :tu I too doubt it is an S. Looks more like E but just need other opinion as I am not good in knowing the SN ST or E....early learning stage ;)

S has a dash mounted choke, so the carbs are wrong, as is EVERYTHING else, including the frame.... it's NOT an S.  You can convert it to an S, if you can find the parts, but it'll cost you twice as much as the bike would be worth O.o

Edited by stevie747
Just now, stevie747 said:

S has a dash mounted choke, so the carbs are wrong, as is everything else.... it's NOT an S.  You can convert it to an S, if you can find the parts, but it'll cost you twice as much as the bike would be worth O.o

:tu Nahhh if its an E I'm not going to convert it into an S....no time no $$$$.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:30 PM, KATANAMANGLER said:

Yes we throw away the wheels, the forks, the swinger,the shocks, the carbs, the exhaust, the foot pegs, we cut bits off the frame and weld new bits on the frame etc etc ...

Yes we appreciate them allright but not the same way others do :)

You have just perfectly described my bike! xD

• Like 1