GS1000SN/ST VIN & Engine # range

Hi I'm new here. Recently my friend wanted to sell me his GS1000 but he did not have a clue what model it is but he believed it is a GS1000ST. Does anyone know the VIN and Engine number range of the GS1000 SN/ST model? Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Frank

The ST is a GS1000S, and the ET is a GS1000E, I guess you know the difference with these?

This is an S (mostly ;))

If it's been painted and hasn't got a fairing the biggest clue is that the S has an 18" rear wheel and the E has a 17" one, the S also has a clock in the dash.

Like for like the S can also be worth up to twice as much :tu

GS_rebuild_May_013.jpg

Edited by stevie747
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, stevie747 said:

The ST is a GS1000S, and the ET is a GS1000E, I guess you know the difference with these?

This is an S (mostly ;))

GS_rebuild_May_013.jpg

Yes I know the difference.  Just that some people said the vin range for the ST and ET falls in the same range. Anyway I just want to find out the bike I wanted to buy is a genuine ST and that is why I am trying to find out if anyone here know the vin and/or engine number range....that is all I wanted to know. 

2 minutes ago, stevie747 said:

You should have... :D:D:D

I do not know much about the SN or the St but did some research on the internet and still doubt it so I came here to raise the question. Apart from the paint job what else show it's not ST? 

Everything, check my photo, as I explained at the top, the obvious start is that S has a 18" rear wheel and totally different clocks/fairing - which are both rocking horse shit £££.  Your photo is an E with 17" rear wheel etc. etc.

Edited by stevie747
57 minutes ago, stevie747 said:

Everything, check my photo, as I explained at the top, the obvious start is that S has a 18" rear wheel and totally different clocks and seat - which are all rocking horse shit.  Your photo is an E with 17" rear wheel etc. etc.

Thanks Stevie. Yes the rear wheel is different and a lot of parts shown are different too. Apparently the SN is a lot easier to confirmed with vin and eng. number but the ST and E is hard to tell with vin and engine number :(

22 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

yes that's a 1000E. And it's far from original so not worth very much to normal people. We on OSS on the other hand know how to appreciate dinosaurs like this.

Thanks Captain Chaos.

My other dinosaurs :)

IMG_20160216_115507213.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

yes that's a 1000E. And it's far from original so not worth very much to normal people. We on OSS on the other hand know how to appreciate dinosaurs like this.

Yes we throw away the wheels, the forks, the swinger,the shocks, the carbs, the exhaust, the foot pegs, we cut bits off the frame and weld new bits on the frame etc etc ...

Yes we appreciate them allright but not the same way others do :)

2 minutes ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

Yes we throw away the wheels, the forks, the swinger,the shocks, the carbs, the exhaust, the foot pegs, we cut bits off the frame and weld new bits on the frame erc etc ...

Yes we appreciate them allright but not the same way others do :)

Like that....FB_IMG_1453173576855.jpg.dcc1fec844da3c2

FB_IMG_1455182902086.jpg

FB_IMG_1453173576855.jpg

• Like 1