microsquirt help

It can be done, no problems. Connect OPTOIN+ to Dyna tach wire and OPTOIN- to ground. That should work. This was from top of my head so names might be wrong etc. Just let me know if you can't get it working. We can then walk through it in details.

Pull the wiring plug off one and measure with a multimeter on ohms across the 2 pins on the injector. 1.7 - 3 ohms = low impedance

Up around 14 ohms = high impedance. 

Have you followed the setup guide in the megamanual to get the software settings right. Won't matter what wires go where if the software isnt configured right. Megatune or Tunerstudio?

9 hours ago, 1168turbo said:

thanks arttu,but no.dont work....:(

All right, then there is something wrong. With wiring, the Dyna, Microsquirt or settings. Is the Microsquirt new or used one? So should it be ok or is there a change that it might be faulty? The OPTOIN circuit in the Microsquirt is slightly poorly designed and it can get burned quite easily.

At first I would suggest connecting the OPTOIN- to ground and then manually tapping the OPTOIN+ to some +12V point, like battery positive terminal. That should produce some random rpm reading on the tuning software (TunerStudio?) if the settings and Microsquirt are ok. If you like you can send your settings file to me for review.

Btw, what firmware you are using, original Microsquirt or MS2-extra? If original I would recommend upgrading to MS2-extra right away to save headaches later on.

Any modern (2000 onwards) stock bike injectors are most likely high impedance.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:20 PM, 1168turbo said:

thanks arttu....its second hand..of a working bike I was told..(but the world is full of c££ts)....a v3...I think im above my pay grade here,but I will keep at it and see if I can figure it out...thanks

Just let me know if you need help with troubleshooting. If you have a multimeter and you can use it I can provide instructions what to measure to figure out what is going on there.

cant see how this is supposed to be user friendly?..f%%k me...I have used an old accel dfi unit.easy to set up and use....this shits impossible .for 5 sensors,4 injectors and a fuel pump,why fuck'n make it so complicated???....jeeeeeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuus     fukin  ccccccccchhhhhrrrrrrrrriiiiiissssssssssttttttttttt !!

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Interesting thread this.

I'm currently pondering weather to use a microsquirt ecu or a DTA S40.

I know the S40 will drive a pair of 2.2 ohm dyna coils and will drive 2 pairs of injectors, however as far as I can gather the microsquirt will not be able to drive my coils as it only has a 5 volt logic output.

Has anyone had any success using a microsquirt and a seperate coil driver ?

Any ideas ?

Cheers.

Skel.

15 hours ago, skelly said:

I know the S40 will drive a pair of 2.2 ohm dyna coils and will drive 2 pairs of injectors, however as far as I can gather the microsquirt will not be able to drive my coils as it only has a 5 volt logic output.

Has anyone had any success using a microsquirt and a seperate coil driver ?

Yes, Microsquirt needs a separate driver to drive coils. And that is just standard practice with it, no problems if done correctly. I think easiest options are either use Dyna or whatever "normal" coils with some driver like this: http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-668873.html

Or alternatively use a coil pack with integrated drivers, for example this one: http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/febi-bilstein-1883650.html

7 hours ago, Arttu said:

Yes, Microsquirt needs a separate driver to drive coils. And that is just standard practice with it, no problems if done correctly. I think easiest options are either use Dyna or whatever "normal" coils with some driver like this: http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-668873.html

Or alternatively use a coil pack with integrated drivers, for example this one: http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/febi-bilstein-1883650.html

Hmm..

Interesting.

So, I wonder how much I can get a microsquirt box for in England ?

Yes, if you are using "normal" coils with separate driver then you can connect the rev counter to negative primary wire of another coil. Just like with stock electronics and it should work fine.

If you use a coil with integrated driver it gets a bit trickier as you can't access coil primary connections. Then you can use one of general purpose outputs of the Microsquirt. Those are grounding type so you need some external stuff as well to make rev counter working. In simplest case that would mean just resistor between the rev counter wire and +12V. Most likely the rev counter will work with this but some counters are picky and may need even further tricks.

One option could be hooking the counter to injector output. I haven't tried this but it should work as well. Then you just need set number of injections per revolution correctly to get correct reading.

• Like 1