GSX-R 1100H Custom Speedo Cable

I am looking for a custom speedo cable for GU74H. I am in the UK, the bike is not and I do not remember what are the connection types. Also I need to be 10-30mm longer to clear the AP calipers I have fitted, thus the custom length.

So is there any shop in the UK that knows the correct connection for GU74H and the correct length and they could do me a custom length?

Attached you may see the bike with the calipers. These are the only (?) brand new available axial AP Racing calipers. They are a bit heavy but they have been made to price for the Japanese market that they are fools for special parts like these. They work well but they are somewhat heavy as I said, compared to the original AP lockheed of the 80s-90s, I think they weight 900gr compared to 700gr of the old ones. On the plus side they have much bigger pistons than the original AP calipers of the 80s at least. This gives a somewhat longer lever travel, but great feel and stopping power.

Please the solution I am looking is "to the mouth", I want a link with a shop that offers a longer cable that for sure suits GU74H, or custom cables shop that they know what GU74H interface is and they will not require a sample.

photo_2023-10-09_20-34-20.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Metralla said:

Please the solution I am looking is "to the mouth", I want a link with a shop that offers a longer cable that for sure suits GU74H, or custom cables shop that they know what GU74H interface is and they will not require a sample.

photo_2023-10-09_20-34-20.jpg

Why go custom when a stock cable would work? Plenty of them around 

Nice bike. Try hitting up this place. If their cable works on everything from GSXR 1100s to DR800s, it's probably on the longer side.

https://andysbikes.com/store/heavy-duty-speedo-cable-suzuki-gsx1100-gsxr1100-f-g-w-gsx-gsxr-1100-1986-to-1996/

And unless the slabbies had a weird connection for the cable at the speedo that I don't know about, odds are there's a touring bike or dual sport that has a nice long speedo cable that will work. DR series speedo cables are about an inch and a half longer than your stock cable from what I can see.

• Like 1