Brembo clutch master -89-90 1100

Some guidance please.

1990 oil cooled gsxr1100

i upgraded to radial Brembo rcs19 for front brake master, its awesome.

for the clutch master i was advised rcs16

running a new slave the rcs 16 won’t fully engage. With the std clutch master no problem. 

Does anybody have first hand experience with the correct version?

Thanks

Not brembo but had the same issue with a Hel one. Needed a bigger one. They swapped it for a 19. Much better but the biting point is still right at the bar which is an ongoing issue. 

What slave cylinder do you have? 

2 hours ago, badger said:

Not brembo but had the same issue with a Hel one. Needed a bigger one. They swapped it for a 19. Much better but the biting point is still right at the bar which is an ongoing issue. 

What slave cylinder do you have? 

New Suzuki or

I think a sticky is needed in oilcooled because this is a recurring topic: "do not buy an expensive radial clutch master cylinder with a 16mm diameter piston or you'll end up with clutch drag."

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I think a sticky is needed in oilcooled because this is a recurring topic: "do not buy an expensive radial clutch master cylinder with a 16mm diameter piston or you'll end up with clutch drag."

Every time someone posts up the correct expensive clutch MC that will work with our bikes I always tell myself I should make a note of that, never do and can never remember the part number. All I ever remember is that most of them won't work with these giant clutch slave cylinders.

What does work is the oem master cylinder or a cable conversion (600 Blandit or 600/750 teapot cover; blandit or teapot cable, make your own adjuster screw to account for pushrod length variation among 1100/1200 engines).