Mk2 bandit bsr36 carb question

Can someone tell me what the secondary (not pilot or main jet, the 60 one) actually does?

On line its called everything from slow jet/ mid jet/ starter jet.

I'm getting very conflicting info from...  "its choke circuit" to its "low to 4000rpm"

I always though of 'power jets' being a main jet supplement ie. extra to & independent of, the MJ and non-metered at WOT use! The needle and emulsion tube are usually the only thing that regulates 'mid range' running with actual fuel flow through regulated by the MJ

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

I always though of 'power jets' being a main jet supplement ie. extra to & independent of, the MJ and non-metered at WOT use! The needle and emulsion tube are usually the only thing that regulates 'mid range' running with actual fuel flow through regulated by the MJ

yeah i never found out what the mid (power jet) does ?????  

I honesty thought it was just for choke, until I looked on great Google... I then decided it was just terminology & what people called it.

Then looking at  drz400 stuff that use one of these carbs - there's shitloads of stuff about it being mid range jet. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, smirk said:

I honesty thought it was just for choke, until I looked on great Google... I then decided it was just terminology & what people called it.

Then looking at  drz400 stuff that use one of these carbs - there's shitloads of stuff about it being mid range jet. 

Probably has to do with trying to balance mid range and emissions then. I've had a DRZ, the stock carb is pretty damn restrictive, even with a jet kit.

Well , as they were 2007 gsx750f 36mm mikunis I swapped  "whatever" these jets are from 50s to 60s from 1200 mk2 bandit.

Put the float height to 11.5mm as per dynojet specs & I'm almost there! Bit lean in top gear at about 6000rpm ( pull choke a bit & she's off). Otherwise well happy through the gears now. Main jet was 147.5 -  (pilots upped from 15 to 20s) as I just guessed the mains, 150s on order & then I will play with needles. But all in all I'm pretty happy. Still farts in the exhaust on idle - but I've decided I kind of like that noise now!