GSX1100ESD carbs

Really not advised unless you put a proper jet kit in them - CV carbs mostly don't like the disturbed / unrestricted airflow these give so the jet kit has to mask this and fuel around it. Personally I like Dynojet kits but others are available - and its not 'just a single jet' so DIY solutions are rarely easy / satisfactory.

If you fit air corrector jets and bigger main jets (maybe some needle adjustment too), then they should be fine. I think Grumpys supply air correctors for BS carbs. You'd then basically have a LeDar induction kit, one of the greatest inventions known to humanity.

2 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

Start with 30% bigger jets

Not really helpful - which ones? Pilot? Air? Needle? Main? This is why jet kits were developed - they done the leg work so they just work more or less from the off!

My efe engined bike has a Ledar kit, which is basically the air correctors and bigger main jets (up to 155 from stock 120 = ~30%). Otherwise the carbs are stock. S and B filters and Harris 4 intoi 1 and it runs perfectly. No expensive dynorod kits or even more expensive dyno time. To fit the air correctors requires an M5 blind hole tap, supplied with the kit.

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/115665834446?itmmeta=01HY0V5BMNJNB132AFVB2D97GY&hash=item1aee3891ce:g:tU4AAOSwORJjuWDe&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwMi7%2Bkqf4%2FAkucGupdnfrHcnuD102BgSMqIUX86wY5oM%2BreboW7gna8J4XsCgfo1Fl1--n6dX1TRERojIbu5Eyt3Bpd%2Fj17O8%2FhYxUqhtM0lvfRxNdUPDQx1fDQLgQwRu4K9tODNJ8SNbP5L6KYQGkBVfrIVty4pFpXvtPaIFJAIajiIjRODRc5%2FjtI3C1p9Pk5RRS8kwlI%2F9uxz%2FLsANviZaJh8XZaAlNkf9woilBnt3YC1Ywx1DzQbpVGxwURFdg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7K6lZvwYw

I'll have a look when I get to work tomorrow. I might have all the info written down as to the jetting on my 1100 before I swapped my carbs out for slingshot ones. I know I have a ledar air corrector kit in my carby box, but personally have never fitted one. My settings may get you pretty close, but also dependant on variables eg: engine spec, condition of engine, pipe, filters, fuel supply and what have you. I'll let you know later tomorrow if ok? Might save you a bit of faff.

1 hour ago, Toecutter said:

I'll have a look when I get to work tomorrow. I might have all the info written down as to the jetting on my 1100 before I swapped my carbs out for slingshot ones. I know I have a ledar air corrector kit in my carby box, but personally have never fitted one. My settings may get you pretty close, but also dependant on variables eg: engine spec, condition of engine, pipe, filters, fuel supply and what have you. I'll let you know later tomorrow if ok? Might save you a bit of faff.

that would be great thanks, the engine is standard and it has a Laser 4 / 1 pipe on it 

4 hours ago, Dezza said:

My efe engined bike has a Ledar kit, which is basically the air correctors and bigger main jets (up to 155 from stock 120 = ~30%). Otherwise the carbs are stock. S and B filters and Harris 4 intoi 1 and it runs perfectly. No expensive dynorod kits or even more expensive dyno time. To fit the air correctors requires an M5 blind hole tap, supplied with the kit.

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/115665834446?itmmeta=01HY0V5BMNJNB132AFVB2D97GY&hash=item1aee3891ce:g:tU4AAOSwORJjuWDe&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwMi7%2Bkqf4%2FAkucGupdnfrHcnuD102BgSMqIUX86wY5oM%2BreboW7gna8J4XsCgfo1Fl1--n6dX1TRERojIbu5Eyt3Bpd%2Fj17O8%2FhYxUqhtM0lvfRxNdUPDQx1fDQLgQwRu4K9tODNJ8SNbP5L6KYQGkBVfrIVty4pFpXvtPaIFJAIajiIjRODRc5%2FjtI3C1p9Pk5RRS8kwlI%2F9uxz%2FLsANviZaJh8XZaAlNkf9woilBnt3YC1Ywx1DzQbpVGxwURFdg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7K6lZvwYw

Is that kit for all 4 cylinders?, it looks like just adding 1 new jet after tapping out a hole, is that it ?, trying to reach Grumpy at the moment but no answer and a full answering machine 

On 5/16/2024 at 6:54 PM, Toecutter said:

If you could have a look that would be great, could also be interested in any parts you have that could help out

Posted (edited)

I have a ledar air corrector set of 4 air jets available for gsx1100 if you would like them but not too sure on what main jets you would need for that kit. I'm sure someone with more experience would be able to advise. The settings I had in mine with a Harris pipe and individual k&n, oval style individual pods was: #135 main jets which I have. Dynojet needles in third clip, which is in the middle. And pilot mixture screws at 2.5 turns out. Standard pilot jets. Unfortunately, the dyno jet needles I have are from a gsx r and they are damaged so not usable. Not sure what happened to the gsx ones... You could use stock needles and have a play with clip settings which can easily be done whilst on the bike or source some dj needles. In any case, one person's settings may not get you bang on, but might be quite close with a bit of fettling. 

If any of the above is useful, let me know and I can post out whatever you need. 

Ideally, dyno time will tell all.

Cheers,

T.

Edited by Toecutter
Missing info

Thanks Toecutter, after a little messing around the carbs appear to be behaving apart from tickover which hopefully a session balancing will correct, if not I will get back to you 

• Like 1