fork choice

Bike is an 83 gsx1100 I have a 600 bandit front end which I have modded to use Brembo calipers.

I know everyone Is using the 1200 forks but other than the extra 2mm diameter the only advantage I can see is preload  adjusters  ( I can figure that with spring spacers)

Anyone think that there is a reason not to go ahead  before I swap my stem ?

Thanks

I had a set of b6 forks in a gs1000 and found the standard forks would bottom out, I put upgraded springs in (gsx600f witch, in the old days a nice upgrade for the b6) and went up to 20 fork oil. They where better but still not good.

Get a rf600 bottom yoke, fits the MK1 b6 forks etc and you don't need to change the stem, JUST fits the gsx/GS head stock.

So I realised  I had a Fazer 1000 front end...Quick compare  showed the stem bearing  diameters are the same..result..Just had to turn down the length of the top bearing diameter..Will have to make up a spacer  when I get to test fit  ( could be a while original  front end still on and lots of other  things to get finished20240409_121343.thumb.jpg.90b83251242c63b3ee1bc859e23c860f.jpg

• Like 1