'82 GS1100EZ led indicators conversion help

Can  anyone that has  installed led turn signals give me some help with wiring up the necessary components. Would like to be able to just replace the relay (NIPPONDENSO FU249CD) to avoid adding resistors and more wires but can't find any info on what the replacement would be. I'm thinking the indicator lights in gauge cluster need to be swapped out as well with T10 based led as they are in the same circuit. Would also like to retain the self canceling feature. Any tips or info great,y appreciated. Thx

An led flasher relay should work fine without any mods to anything else. If you can get an adjustable flash rate one in the correct pin configuration should do the job. The orange ones can be found on Amazon for around £6 I think. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback. Did as you suggested but didn't quite work. Hooked everything up and with stock relay everything lights up correctly but no flash. With new adjustable relay, turn signals don't light and don't flash. Bench tested new relay with single test light and it does work on its own. FYi, I'm testing this on my bench. The wiring harness is not on the bike. So I have access to the complete harness. Set-up with all stock lights system works fine. To the best of my understanding the fault seems to lie in the new relay missing an internal connection. Any thoughts? 

Cheap led flasher units can be hit and miss quality wise. They are all made in China

With a mix  of led signals, regular dash lights and the self cancelling unit, you may be better off adding resistors to the signal wires so that the old flasher recognizes them.