Hi all

just bought my first TL1000s

love it! Full Yoshimura system, GSXR bits and bobs, Harris Rear sets, rear shock conversion, flashed Ecu. It sounds like nothing else.

Look forward to joining in here.

cheers

Daz

IMG_3689.png

IMG_3690.jpeg

• Like 9
On 3/29/2024 at 10:06 PM, TLRS said:

Yoshi looks very nice.. and makes them so fruity! Nice screenbrace and clipons you got there too btw.

Thanks TLRS :)

I went through the Hindhead tunnel, then turned around and went through again!

• Like 1
On 3/31/2024 at 7:59 PM, BillyR said:

Very nice!

I had one of these a few years back, great fun! never understood the 'widowmaker' tag though, to me they handle just fine.

Cheers BillyR

Feel the same. front end turns in a bit sharp in tight corners, but thats down to the short front forks. doesn't shake it's head at all.

My background is Supermoto's so thought this would be pretty daunting considering the media frenzy, but it's fine. My XS1100 is the one that scares me, with the spaghetti forks and ' interesting' brakes! :D

• Like 1
On 3/31/2024 at 7:59 PM, BillyR said:

Very nice!

I had one of these a few years back, great fun! never understood the 'widowmaker' tag though, to me they handle just fine.

It was (almost) entirely down to that rotary damper which when it was worked hard stopped damping.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bioshock said:

Cheers BillyR

Feel the same. front end turns in a bit sharp in tight corners, but thats down to the short front forks. doesn't shake it's head at all.

My background is Supermoto's so thought this would be pretty daunting considering the media frenzy, but it's fine. My XS1100 is the one that scares me, with the spaghetti forks and ' interesting' brakes! :D

Indeed! I also grew up on late 70's early 80's superbikes, some complete with big bores, nitrous or turbo's and of course with bog standard suspension, brakes and frames.  Makes the issues with some modern bikes seem easy enough to deal with.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, imago said:

It was (almost) entirely down to that rotary damper which when it was worked hard stopped damping.

That's the most obvious story but there are a load more factors actually..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TLRS said:

That's the most obvious story but there are a load more factors actually..

I don't doubt it, with stuff like that there's usually one main factor and a host of other bits that contribute or make things worse. Over all though it doesn't seem to take much to get a TL into a serious superbike territory.

One of a few bikes I've always fancied but never owned.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, fellow TL nut….

i know that bike. It used to belong to a mate of mine! 
The Yoshi systems defo improve the audio; however, try a full M4 system….

Holy shit these things bark! 

IMG_9200.jpeg

Edited by Matt-Man