Exhaust flanges

4 minutes ago, Toecutter said:

Does anyone happen to know what the dimensions are for gsx1400 exhaust header flanges? After some for my 1100 et build if someone has some and would be kind enough to measure?

Thanks.

Do we know gsx14 flanges fit an 11?

Downpipe diameter and hole spacing the same? ( hoping the answer is Yes- Delkevic do 4 for £40)

Apparently standard 14 Downpipe diameter is 42mm.

I believe the 11 flange bolt spacing is circa 62mm with an exhaust port of 46mm.

In sure someone who owns a 14 will come along shortly with some dimensions.

• Like 1

Just checked on my "spare" GSX1400 engine: 

The holes are M8,  58mm apart, exhaust gasket is OD 42.5mm, ID 32.5mm

The outside header diameter of my aftermarket / Akrapovic header is 40mm. 

Alternatively: 

The GSX1100F engine i have for my upcoming ET project: 

Holes are M8, 58mm apart, gasket OD is 42.5mm , ID 32.5.

However...

Pretty sure you need to slot oil cooled exhaust flanges to fit to an aircooled engine as in this picture20240326_190527.thumb.jpg.3e22147f6654fb484a1b5642692a4e10.jpg

• Like 1

I've contacted delkevik to see if they can supply gsx 1100 flanges as well, but I have a feeling they will be 38mm pipe diameter like their systems but obviously can be enlarged. Alternatively, I'll just get some laser cut if not...

1 hour ago, Toecutter said:

Niceone, cheers. Could be helpful but the pipes I'm using for my particular header design are 38mm dia, with gsx 11 stud spacing. 38mm dia due to space restrictions at the turbo flange.

Cheers.

Have you made your headers yet?

pics please

I've made a start, main holdup is the flanges at the mo. Using 1.5 mm wall 304 stainless tube 38mm dia due to space restrictions at the turbo flange. Pre bent 90 tubes to get everything in the right place where needed. I will put up pics when some substantial progress has been made...

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Toecutter said:

I've made a start, main holdup is the flanges at the mo. Using 1.5 mm wall 304 stainless tube 38mm dia due to space restrictions at the turbo flange. Pre bent 90 tubes to get everything in the right place where needed. I will put up pics when some substantial progress has been made...

Assuming draw-through ?

Do you actually want 90s? 2 of the 4 cylinders need to go into the front part of the collector- this means the need a little less than 90degrees? 

see pics for reference:

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, R1guy said:

Assuming draw-through ?

Do you actually want 90s? 2 of the 4 cylinders need to go into the front part of the collector- this means the need a little less than 90degrees? 

see pics for reference:

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

I'm going blow through on this one.

• Like 1