GS1000 block with GSX1100 cylinders and head

Hi everyone, 

I have 2 motors and want to do 1 with best parts i have. 

Block gs1000 is good, cylinders and head gsx1100 is good to. 

Is is possible to build it up like that or are there issues I need to know? 

Thx so far

Mostly anything is possible - just down to time, money and tools to achieve! The issues likely with your proposal is 1. Base gasket joint / mating surfaces between cases and cylinder block, 2. Area around cam chain tunnel in block and cylinders and 3. GSX Cylinder sleeve OD dim fitting into GS case holes. Obvs GSX head and cylinders will match but you will have to make sure GS piston pin small end size matches GSX pistons proposed - GSX early was 18mm / GSX late was 20mm and I believe GS were 18mm (but don't quote me!) Cam chain slippers may be a mish mash to suit!

Hi and thx to everyone, 

The truth is I didn't open both motors yet and I try to find out if it would make sense. 

I'm able to feed motornumbers to identify each, maybe that would help to find someone who had done that before and could give me some tips to make a decision if only do the gs1000 or use the gsx1100 parts to gain power, once doing a rebuild anyhow. 

8 hours ago, kja.busa said:

Possible cylinder stud issues, as Reinhoud says, possibly could be overcome. Look at how many teeth are on the camdrive gear on the crankshaft for the camshafts, it could get complicated.

Normally just use cam gears that match the crank - GS bottom - GS cam gears. I've used gsx gears in a gsxr head on a efe bottom end. I thought Suzuki used same stud pattern all through GS, GSX & GSXR ranges.

I just remembered that about 12 years ago Dynoman send me accidently a GSX gasket set imnstead of a GS gasket set, I also have a GS headgasket laying around..

The dowel pins, and the 4 studs between cylinder 1 and 2 and cylinder 3 and 4 are the same with the GSX and GS. The 4 outer studes, and the 4 studs beside the cam tunnel are different.

A GSX cylinder block will not fit on a GS crankcase.

12 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I just remembered that about 12 years ago Dynoman send me accidently a GSX gasket set imnstead of a GS gasket set, I also have a GS headgasket laying around..

The dowel pins, and the 4 studs between cylinder 1 and 2 and cylinder 3 and 4 are the same with the GSX and GS. The 4 outer studes, and the 4 studs beside the cam tunnel are different.

A GSX cylinder block will not fit on a GS crankcase.

Hi, that's an important detail for my decision. 

Would the gsx head fit on gs head? 

Tony Davvige "used to be member on old site"  Did it on his Nitrous Bike 

Stud spacings are different between 8V and 16V doable "lots of welding and drilling on head" 

maybe a bit OTT for a road bike ...

Sell the motors and fit an Oil Boiler motor B|

• Like 1