Wiseco 1260.

3 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

1260 needs cases bored for the thicker liners as will the block 

Thanks. (y) I knew the block would, just wasn't sure about the cases.

Probably worth taking the case along with the barells to be bored/machined at the same time then to save some faff.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, imago said:

Thanks. (y) I knew the block would, just wasn't sure about the cases.

Probably worth taking the case along with the barells to be bored/machined at the same time then to save some faff.

Yeap your 1st challenge will be getting the studs  out 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Yeap your 1st challenge will be getting the studs  out 

Yeah, it's not a fun job. Although the last case I stripped a couple of weeks back went not too bad. I heated the whole thing, then put decent penetrating oil around the studs, heated it again, then undid them the next day. It worked OK, I wouldn't say easy, but much better.

I just need to work out what I'm going to do with the kit or engine when it's done. One of those out of the blue "do you want ..." chance things that you can't turn down when they come along.

• 2 weeks later...

For making the holes in the crankcase bigger, I did it like this with my GS1000;

Make yourself a disc, 1 side the diameter of the new barrel, the other side the diameter of the headgasket.

Put the dowel pins in the crankcase, put the headgasket with the disc in it over the dowel pins, push disc down and draw a line around it.

Now take material way with a barrel grinder, finish it with those wheels with emery.

Takes about 45 minutes per hole/barrel.

For making the base gasket bigger, also do this with a/the disc

• Like 1