Powerscreen Replacement loom

KennyKak

5 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Most likely not a direct swap as the G was a cruiser with everything in different locations than the powerscreen. The engine will most likely run with it as long as neither of those bikes had unique connectors, but I can't see it fitting everything else on the bike.

That's the gsx f 1100 g. The gsxr 1100 g was a 1052 slabby. Add says its a gsxr 1100 g/h/j 1052 loom

Edited by KennyKak
  • Like 1

Sorry, all I saw was the G and pictured the giant shaft drive bike in my head. A slabby harness should be a lot closer to fitting. I think some of them had an extra lead for a second ignition pickup, but you can just ignore that. Probably won't have all the connectors for the power screen gauges or the power screen, but should work for the engine.

41 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

Sorry, all I saw was the G and pictured the giant shaft drive bike in my head. A slabby harness should be a lot closer to fitting. I think some of them had an extra lead for a second ignition pickup, but you can just ignore that. Probably won't have all the connectors for the power screen gauges or the power screen, but should work for the engine

It's going into a slingshot frame so that's ok

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KennyKak said:

Bloody missed out on the loom, shame really a complete loom and ecu for Ā£60 was pretty cheap. What options other the a m-unit or axel joost custom loom have I got. Will a bandit loom be any use or just stick too a slingshot or gsxf loom?

What are you working with? Powerscreen engine in a slingshot frame, is it a custom job, or a stock looking bike? Do you have an old busted harness currently? Do you have an ECU? Even a bodged up harness is better than no harness as you can reuse the connectors if they're still good.

Best option of course is a powerscreen or slingshot harness with ecu. Avoid the 750 ECUs as the 1100s don't last that long with that high of a rev limiter.

Bandit harness and ECU will work as well, but timing is slightly different from the GSXR stuff.

Build the harness yourself, there's an old diagram on here that shows exactly what's needed for the engine to run, and then you simply add the separate circuits for the lights that you need. But it's time consuming and a pain in the ass to do. I've been procrastinating on finishing a bike for a couple years now for just this reason.

You can buy an M-Unit, but it's mainly handling all the auxiliary stuff, they're expensive, and you'll still need the ECU and factory connectors to plug into ECU, signal generator, etc.

12 hours ago, wraith said:

I have thisĀ 

IMG_20231126_102456_632.thumb.jpg.9e8ff7b29af4680a59415d54b567d194.jpg

Gsx600f but will work, you just need to match the pick up (ATU) or swop the CDI (ECU)Ā 

Pm me if you're interestedĀ 

I have the original 1100 cdi (tho the plastic case is damaged and was left open to the elements..... fucking rat bike builders) is it just plug and play or rewiring a plug?

20180205_192239.jpg