Trans popping out of 1st and 2nd

Hey all, 83 gs1100ed. When cold it will pop out of 1st or 2nd at or near redline, or when the power hits good above 8000. After warm it's not so prevelant. I am pretty sure I have cable adjusted properly. I am running barnett Kevlar plates and barnett springs. The steels were in almost perfect condition. Trans messed up? Shift forks? Hoping the trans doesn't need parts. Suggestions or insight much appreciated. Again, no issues until after 8000 rpm.

18 minutes ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

When  you rebuild it do the extra detent spring mod and protect against bad  gear changes in future. That's how the  damage is done in the first place

You can do the 2nd detent mod with dropping the sump from memory. Can't remember what the 2nd spring was from though.

Yes I use a second spring. This can be done with sump off and a bit of patience.  The "pizza cutter" ( my name for it) that locates at the end of the seletor drum has a spring which attaches at on end and is secured on a small hook on the crank case at the other end of the spring.

unfortunately this won't cure worn dogs and slots. It does prevent missed gear changes which are often the cause of the damage and wear that causes the the gear to let go under high RPM.

If it's jumping out of gear the best plan is to replace the worn parts and then add the extra spring as a preventative measure.