Dynojet mikuni BST36 for gsxr11 wrong needles??

caferacer175

Please what is your dynojet stage 3 setup for Europe mikuni bst36mm (1991 gsxr 1100, K&N RU-2922 filters and bigger diameter exhaust and open muffler)?? I bought dynojet kit for 89-90 type E3127, but it cant run- higher rpm seems mayby ok, but lower rpm im getting popping and small flames out the exhaust. It run realy badly on lower rpm.

I used dynojet emulsion tubes, needles, main jets 144 etc. according to the manual

I think needles DNO332A are too long, or ..? Please what is your setup??

Thanks

IMG20230914130640 – Kópia (2).jpg

IMG20230914130647 – Kópia.jpg

SAM_8996.JPG

11 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Those look like the ones I used - 1186 bore, 4-2-1 V&H Supersport Dual pods 136 & 138 MJ - set-up on dyno 144 rwhp. Have you done the whole conversion inc the slide holes? Mine worked fine from the get-go, just dyno'd to fine tune!

Ok thanks, so you think the length and shapes of needles are right??

7 hours ago, wraith said:

Yep, they look like the right ones to me. Fitted a stage 3 kit out of the box and ran very well just by there instructions. 

Take it you've checked for air leaks around carb inlet rubbers etc ? 

How was the bike running before you did the changes?

OK, so you think the length and shapes of needles are right??

First needle on pic is original (from another gsxr 1100 89), second needle ˇoriginalˇ dynojet when I bought bike and the rest needles are from new dynojet kit.

1 hour ago, caferacer175 said:

First needle on pic is original (from another gsxr 1100 89), second needle ˇoriginalˇ dynojet when I bought bike and the rest needles are from new dynojet kit.

Ok, if you think they are wrong send them back to Dyno jet and ask for them to send replacement one ;)

5 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Those look like DJ needles, they should be titanium. Not sure if DJ ever did a kit for the 40mm carbs, since we didn't get them in the states. Factory Pro I think made jet kits for them if you should ever decide to use them.

Yes they did, here is the reference - E3336.002 - Euro models only (for obvious reasons) I'm not sure they are Ti - more like hard anodised aluminium. A Ti made needle would not wear like the one shown. Compare to the steel OEM which has virtually no wear and Ti is tougher than steel for abrasion wear!

13 hours ago, caferacer175 said:

Dunno what that 2nd needle is from but it ain't for a GSXR1100 K / L ! The other 4 are deffo for 36mm CV's on a GSXR1100 K/L 1127cc.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Yes they did, here is the reference - E3336.002 - Euro models only (for obvious reasons) I'm not sure they are Ti - more like hard anodised aluminium. A Ti made needle would not wear like the one shown. Compare to the steel OEM which has virtually no wear and Ti is tougher than steel for abrasion wear!

Dunno what that 2nd needle is from but it ain't for a GSXR1100 K / L ! The other 4 are deffo for 36mm CV's on a GSXR1100 K/L 1127cc.

I think DJ just doesn't bother listing that part number here in the states to avoid confusing people, as we only got BST36s from 89-92. The last time i emailed DJ earlier this year they told me their needles are Ti. The DJ set that I have in my 750 with the stock BST38 carbs are also Ti. Either that second needle in the photo is a really old one that wasn't Ti or it's not a DJ needle. Could be an old Factory Pro needle as they sell kits with both Ti and Al.

1 hour ago, Upshotknothole said:

I think DJ just doesn't bother listing that part number here in the states to avoid confusing people, as we only got BST36s from 89-92. The last time i emailed DJ earlier this year they told me their needles are Ti. The DJ set that I have in my 750 with the stock BST38 carbs are also Ti. Either that second needle in the photo is a really old one that wasn't Ti or it's not a DJ needle. Could be an old Factory Pro needle as they sell kits with both Ti and Al.

Mayby the second old DJ ? needle is from US model?? But old one and new one have same emulsion tubes