1100 WP de-cluttering under the tank ?

Good afternoon chaps,

I'm constantly evolving my WP and looking for ways to tidy up under the tank, and just make things more accessible.

I've already put a T piece on the fuel lines as I run a Pingle hi flow tap, the things that annoy me the most are the breathers, they all fell to bits the original ones so I've just added filters as you can see but these are a bit shit and bulky.

If I go to stick coils that will make some space at the back but what's best for the breathers?

3.jpg

I know what you mean. I helped my mate with his 750W a while back and they're just horrendous to work on because everything is a rats' nest under the tank. Changing those sharp hose clips to wire ones would help reduce the number of plasters needed. On my frame kit bikes when it comes to breathers you can get some nice flexible hose from the boy racer car types on eb@y. In conjunction with 90 degree brass or plastic elbows the breathers can be positioned so they're out of way as much as possible :). A stick coil conversion is a big bonus space-under-the-tank wise and in my experience gives better starting and running (oil cooled).

• Like 1

As previously stated, you could ditch the coils and switch it to coil on plug, that'll remove 4 cables. If possible, see if you can route as many of the vent lines together to a single catch can or breather filter. They make cheap K&N style knock off filters that you can get online that are smaller than that foam filter you have on there now. Vent lines coming off the carbs can be ran towards the rear of the bike or behind the engine to get them out of the way too. But I've never seen any W or old 400 that wasn't just an absolute rats nest under the tank with all the plumbing. They did do a good job of hiding all that crap.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

As previously stated, you could ditch the coils and switch it to coil on plug, that'll remove 4 cables. 

Oh yeah that'll make a HUGE difference from THREE wires with two coils to THREE (total) shared between four coils - all you lose is the spark leads but still have a load of wires dancing around over the cylinder head!

What is it with this obsession for wire and pipe free installations? All this shite has a reason for being there and the 'packaging' was designed by the OEM's to achieve that goal. Bikes ain't got the space to hide stuff unless you go really minimalist and hide wires in frame tubes etc. You can hide a certain proportion under the seat but it still has to reappear somewhere to be functional . . . . . . . fairings do more than just divert air ! ! !

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NorthernBloke said:

Thanks guys, all of you. I get it there isn’t that much that can be done but it will be stripped over winter so I’ll look to vent the carb breather backwards and do things as neatly as poss once it’s in bits, I’ve street fighterd it so not much room under seat either!

Clean it up and organize it as best as you can, at least on the Ws all the coolant lines make it hard to see how much crap you have shoved under the tank.