GSXR 1100 M CDI part number?

Hello Gents, been a while but rebooting the bike build and have misplaced the CDI:$

I have a few part numbers here if anyone could be so kind to confirm?

The number I think I'm after is: 

32900-40c20

I've also found a supressed? part no. also: 32900-40c00

I've found a CDI online with the number: 32900-40c00 --> 32900-40c30

Does anyone know what the supressed part no. means? 

Any help would be most appreciated, many thanks!

Screenshot_20230306_100220_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230222_204522_Chrome.jpg

Edited by GsxrGrip
45 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Supressed = (possibly) restricted, for those countries that required lower max power.

I have one for a K/L that I took off when swapped to a Dyna 2000 ?

i think the restricted oil cooled bikes were only done by the reducer rings welded in the header down pipes and the spacers in the carbs to prevent full opening.

the WC bikes had specific cams and ECUs to achieve the same effect

On 3/6/2023 at 11:07 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Supressed = (possibly) restricted, for those countries that required lower max power.

I have one for a K/L that I took off when swapped to a Dyna 2000 ? Not a restricted one UK had full power!

Yeah, makes sense! Sounds good, do you have a part no. from the unit?

"supressed" here means "replaced by". 

40C00 10 20 and 30 are all referenced for the M/N 1100

there is no ECU reference for E04 market (France) which confirms the restricted versions had standard ECUs

They'll  probably all work the same anyway

Edited by Joseph

The different endings on the CDI part numbers are both originally for different markets with restrictions and these days supersesions.

As CDIs become discontinued they supersede them to the next available one that is currently available regardless of the market it was designed for.

On most diagrams it will have a market column and that will show that that CDI belongs to that country or delivery market.

There are restricted markets like Japan Domestic and I think Germany at one stage that had reduced power CDIs. Their CDI part numbers usually ended in 10.

Any of the 40C CDIs should do the trick.

I keep a spare OEM CDI for testing now but I've also gone to ignitech.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:54 PM, Joseph said:

i think the restricted oil cooled bikes were only done by the reducer rings welded in the header down pipes and the spacers in the carbs to prevent full opening.

the WC bikes had specific cams and ECUs to achieve the same effect

I've never seen exhaust restrictors in any spare parts diagrams for any slingshot and that included the restricted power JDM market slingshot spare parts manals I have here, nor spacers in the carbs like that. I believe exhaust restrictors and carb restrictors in slingshots could be a myth but as always, happy to be proven wrong,

Edited by BoostedRooster712
3 hours ago, BoostedRooster712 said:

I've never seen exhaust restrictors in any spare parts diagrams for any slingshot and that included the restricted power JDM market slingshot spare parts manals I have here, nor spacers in the carbs like that. I believe exhaust restrictors and carb restrictors in slingshots could be a myth but as always, happy to be proven wrong

thats because the restrictor is welded into the headers at the entrance of the downpipes. there's no spare part to reference or show

1410040C04H01 general header part number for all markets 1991 1100

1410040C30 (E4) is the header part number for the french market restricted version with the welded pipes

example of a standard french ones here :

IMG_20230312_094047.jpg.100e1ea8b1147d2fb4bded0d425108bd.jpg

IMG_20230312_094727.thumb.jpg.9c291e1b2d7bd77caa77760c389925ef.jpg

i misstated the carb restriction. it's the slides that need swapping or drilling the hole out that is there on full power bikes

(y)

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Joseph said:

thats because the restrictor is welded into the headers at the entrance of the downpipes. there's no spare part to reference or show

1410040C04H01 general header part number for all markets 1991 1100

1410040C30 (E4) is the header part number for the french market restricted version with the welded pipes

example of a standard french ones here :

i misstated the carb restriction. it's the slides that need swapping or drilling the hole out that is there on full power bikes

(y)

Same welded headers restrictors was on my GSXR750J (88) series 4-2 exaust system , with restrictors engine power was limited to about 100HP , developing around 230-240Kmh max speed , after I grinding those extremely hard welded material and widening those holes internal diameter engine power rises , so the top speed was now about 265-275 Kmh , at intake side all elements remained untouched series, also I have noticed that engine was developed less heat , which is IMO one good side effect ,

but regardless those series headers pipes inner diameter still remained smaller in comparison with cylinder head exaust holes , so for really full open exaust system both inner diameters have to be with same dimension .

Edited by Buzuki
On 3/7/2023 at 5:51 PM, Gixer1460 said:

I have to go out to garage tomorrow (wednesday) so will find it then. But parts fiche says same # as 'M' part number : 329 0040C00 

LOL's - Only took a week! Anyway no part #'s as such - see photo. Interestingly it appears that the electronics may not be 'potted' as the case looks like it would come apart with some effort - I'm not going to as clumsy tools and 30yr old electronics don't mix !

GSXR 1100 89-90 Ignitor #1.JPG

GSXR 1100 89-90 Ignitor #2.JPG

GSXR 1100 89-90 Ignitor #3.JPG

GSXR 1100 89-90 Ignitor #4.JPG