Exhausted...

MMorgan

Hi gents,

Hope you're all doing well.

In my absence I have recently re-aquired my old b12.

The last owner didn't exactly treat her well so I'm striping it to tidy up (and try not to fuck it off and just fit bits to the GSX...)

However I cannot for the life of me remember what these buggers are called.

The system I believe is an old Micron sprung system which was fitted to a GSXR11 at some point, but these lil bitters need replacing along with the flanges. Any ideas where to get new one's?

Any help greatly appreciated.

-M

IMG20230111183438.jpg

IMG20230111183433.jpg

Edited by MMorgan
2 hours ago, MMorgan said:

Hi gents,

Hope you're all doing well.

In my absence I have recently re-aquired my old b12.

The last owner didn't exactly treat her well so I'm striping it to tidy up (and try not to fuck it off and just fit bits to the GSX...)

However I cannot for the life of me remember what these buggers are called.

The system I believe is an old Micron sprung system which was fitted to a GSXR11 at some point, but these lil bitters need replacing along with the flanges. Any ideas where to get new one's?

Any help greatly appreciated.

-M

IMG20230111183438.jpg

IMG20230111183433.jpg

I believe I have some of these going spare. We'll for some ££

On 1/11/2023 at 10:20 PM, Jdeac said:

The ones I pictured are similar. The bolt flange seems to be steel and the rest stainless. 

I hit one with a flap wheel and they clean up. But I would imagine they would end up the same. Unless painted etc. Or have some lazer cut out of stainless.

I went at the system with raceglaze and harpic and turned out well. Ive taken the flanges/clamps to a local engineer down the road to make me some new ones so they'll be a few days and then she'll go back on.

Spigots (we'll call them that) turned out ok. One or two have it worse but all solid enough to reuse.

Turned out to be the best pissed Eblag purchase I ever made all those years ago. Think I paid like 150 for this system.

Only downside so far is the stubby can I have is pharked and I cannot find a slip on for a 63/64mm outlet anywhere.

May just get it resleved and repaired as its jetted to this system and sounds lovely.

IMG_20230113_182416_663.jpg

• Like 1
On 1/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, davecara said:

Its a Micron System, so you're stuck with the 63mm inlet. Plenty of cans about though, I ended up with 4 or 5 when I put my slingshot together, ended up giving them away! Stick a wanted ad up. Someone will have one for you

Thanks mate, I'll do that.