B12 Mk1 and Mk2 barrels the same?

BikeJake

17 hours ago, wraith said:

Yes and yes xD

The MK2 just has the pairs think, just 4 plates and blank them off. Can be got off eblag or make some. (y)

Thanks mate. 

I just bought a set of cylinders for my big bore kit. My originals are less than 20K perfect, would be a waste to bore them imho when a second hand set had for less that fifty quid. 

What do you mean by pairs? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BikeJake said:

Thanks mate. 

I just bought a set of cylinders for my big bore kit. My originals are less than 20K perfect, would be a waste to bore them imho when a second hand set had for less that fifty quid. 

What do you mean by pairs? 

PAIR’s is the Suzuki emissions system. Commonly removed and blanked off. I use blanking plates but on some models folk just put a marble in the pipe work.

Binning it gives a little bit more space, a little bit less weight, looks a little bit neater, little bit easier to work on the motor…. but the main reasons are to stop the popping, banging and farting on the closed throttle overrun with a full system,  and more importantly to give a more accurate A/F reading for the sniffer on the dyno. 

on my 14…

F62EDE4A-C754-4C90-B588-93EF75D2B30F.jpeg

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 2