Worn Fork Bushings - How bad are these?

Devilman

Hey all. I'm finally get a list of parts together to put the 750M forks back together after almost finishing the polishing and have been looking over the teflon bushings, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure just how far is considered "worn out".

The bushings at the top of the stanchion still have all their teflon coating, but it's extremely smooth and seems to have lost most of that "copper sintered" appearance I recall them having. The inside of said bushing I am not sure if that is the copper worn through (as that's a "high spot" on the stanchion to get good contact) or meant to be that way?
image.thumb.png.2ddb9011989c024e3daffac34ea8926d.png

The bushings that are pressed into the fork tube are somewhat similar, the teflon is extremely smooth with very little sign of copper sintering and one of them does have some very fine visible lines / marks on it ...

image.thumb.png.d9cd9d9da91661fa4aa5011cd31b1de9.png

What says the collective knowledge of OSS?  Are they buggered and I gotta replace the set? (Hope not cus they are bloody expensive from Suzuki :o)

*Edit* I should mention these are the same forks as I discussed in my other thread and if any of you have read that, you'll know the insides of these forks were butchered, assembled incorrectly, looked like they'd not had an oil change in 20yrs and generally abused:( 

Edited by Devilman
11 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I'd say they're worn and based on your description of previous maintenance, long oil changes is never good for longevity. Pattern parts may be available but quality could be questionable!

Thanks, having looked at some pics of new ones, I can clearly see the stanchion bushings are well worn on the inside, with the copper coating gone in the middle of the inside, so looks like I gotta replace the full set :(

4 hours ago, coombehouse said:

Try ktech for the bushes. They are equal to OEM but usually more affordable.

Thanks, I had not considered places like that.. Just checked their site and sadly both the bushing sets are listed as Out of Stock, but I have sent them an enquiry email to ask if they're coming back in stock any time soon, else I may have to resort to Eblag (seen some for sale on there, saying they are K-tech, but who knows for sure?)