I was going to cut it up, and use the front end for a efe im buying , but after connecting a battery and find out it only has 24k , and a c41 fault, I think I'm gonna try a new relay and cleaning out the fuel pump first, it was on Facebook market place,  I was looking for some bits I could use on projects and searching 1000cc and bang this little bugger had just been posted , so I msg him , and the rest is history, to be fair its got the whole fairing, pillion seat, spare screen, tool bag and even the little rod to hold the tank up, after have a quick look I have found the fuel pump unplugged and the tilt sensor unplugged,  so on the weekend I'm gonna sort the leak out (fuel pump gasket) and replace the fuel relay, also check the loom for damage,  as the guy said it just stopped working one day, and he shoved it in the garage, and brought a 1250 bandit to use instead,  

• Like 1

You have the fairings with it as well? Ok you can stop making us jealous now.

The fuelpump gasket needs very little torque on the bolts so be careful with that. Might also be an idea to change the filter and pump when you are in there. Haven't done it myself yet but from memory the pump itself is used in Suzuki cars from the same era. If you go to the dealer they'll only sell you a complete assembly.

And if you change the air filter, find one that ommits the current filter + baseplate. This will open up the airbox and make it sound like an ecstatic bear on wot.

Yea man all fairings and bolts, pillion seat, and a shit load of paperwork, that even includes the original bill of sale lol, I will check over the pump and the strainer before I attempt to fire it over , when I attached the battery to che k the miles , it showed a fi fault so I bridge the gap on the plug under the passenger seat, and she displays a c41 fault code , which I think is fuel relay circuit,  thats why I ordered a relay, if I get her running this weekend I'm gonna bung 200 quid in the man's account as I feel bad that I stole her for that price , I have a second hand pump coming too just to check if I need it , I check the air filter and she is fitted with a k and n unit inside the airbox, and I have a receipt for the full micron system and filter in the paperwork too , I'm gonna try and sort this one out and add her to my growing suzuki stable , which the missis is a bit pissed about haha

Something for the previous owner certainly seems in place for this one. And tell her it'll take a fair bit to get into the red on this one!

You might want to check the clutch pushrod behind the sprocket cover. If it's covered in dried out grease it's bad news for the seal and could start to leak oil. Which in turn might be bad news for the WAF (wife acceptance factor).

I will pull apart the sprocket cover and blast a good amount of brake cleaner, (free from work which is nice ) and I have a rebuild kit for the slave cylinder which I had for my old 1100m,  I will definitely keep an eye on the water pump , and any leaks , better to stop it early and not run it too long I think, especially if I can get her to fire up 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, TLRS said:

Something for the previous owner certainly seems in place for this one. And tell her it'll take a fair bit to get into the red on this one!

You might want to check the clutch pushrod behind the sprocket cover. If it's covered in dried out grease it's bad news for the seal and could start to leak oil. Which in turn might be bad news for the WAF (wife acceptance factor).

Thank you, I pull the slave cylinder off today and cleaned it up, the rod was almost unrecognisable it was covered in so much crap, clutch bleed and seals changed one more job off the list 

• Like 1