Slipper clutch conversion

george 1100

7 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

I've got a Sigma after market slipper in my 1216 motor. They are a bit border line in taking the power from 160+ bhp motors  but its worked fine for me with 157bhp.

yeah thats what i was going to go for as well Duncan. I wont be pushing anymore than 150-155 out of her. but i keen to see how it performs on track.

How do you find it...?

32 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

yeah thats what i was going to go for as well Duncan. I wont be pushing anymore than 150-155 out of her. but i keen to see how it performs on track.

How do you find it...?

To be honest I've never really need a slipper on il4 bikes my riding style doesn't need one and I was happy to modulate the clutch lever if I did get any rear locking.

However when I was offered one free to try it seemed silly not to. I do feel it working, I guess it has allowed me to go a bit deeper on the brakes, as it gives little more stability. 

I would say it's a nice thing to have, rather than a must have on oil cooled track bikes 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, george 1100 said:

I'm thinking I might take this on during the winter months but can't find enough info on the web. I've got an excellent 09 1000 clutch assembly but it doesn't look too straight forward so before I pull out the bandit clutch, has anyone ever done this mod that can also share some step by step knowledge.  

you just need the basket to go with one, i had SNT Race Engineering sort my basket, they took my B12 basket apart and fitted the billet basket to the B12 bits, only mods were a small chamfer to the No4 con rod bolt to get clearance on the basket.

sticks out just a little bit further than stock clutch, i fitted an MTC spacer (overkill) but a much smaller one will do.20201116_153709.thumb.jpg.914c2c1e8c3daf4264dff4549029d7c1.jpg

IMG_13071.thumb.jpg.1d4db79d7cf231282ae46686b764a81a.jpg

20201116_150134.thumb.jpg.943f0e9719cd94467484c1c5b1026018.jpg

• Like 5
21 hours ago, dupersunc said:

To be honest I've never really need a slipper on il4 bikes my riding style doesn't need one and I was happy to modulate the clutch lever if I did get any rear locking.

However when I was offered one free to try it seemed silly not to. I do feel it working, I guess it has allowed me to go a bit deeper on the brakes, as it gives little more stability. 

I would say it's a nice thing to have, rather than a must have on oil cooled track bikes 

That's the  reason I want to fit one, so I can improve on the hard braking and fast gearing down corners but agree, not a must have.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, george 1100 said:

370Steve, so they made a billet basket, not used the 1000 basket?

The 1000 basket looks like it has very similar rivet spacing which would make the process easier. Does anyone have a bandit basket on a bench to measure the rivet spacing?

no idea if the 1000 basket will fit mate, i just got into talks with SNT for one after seeing their B12 race engine with one fitted.

Edited by 370steve