Kat 1000 master cylinder stripdown.

Trying to strip the original masrer cyl that had shat itself over the fairing.  Removed the dust cover & circlip after modifying my pliers with an angle grinder. Then hit a brick wall. 

The manual says next remove the washer but it won' budge, even had molegrips on the piston with a slide hammer & tried tapping with a deep socket but no result.

It' as if the circlip was still fitted.  Any ideas?  Piston springing freely.

Nice idea using boiling water though I was nervous of damaging the flexible rubber seal in the cap.

Tried a bike pump & after much effort the washer released, but only the washer.  Tried some more & eventually a soft flexi seal released.  No further success with the remaining parts.  Tried boiling water but because the seal is leaking it doesn't build enough pressure.

Might try see if I can get a small drill down side of the piston to free the stubborn seal next.

Post a few pictures up! Once the circlip & washer’s out, if the piston doesn’t readily spring out, I just get a small punch/dolly, and tap the piston repeatedly back into the cylinder against spring pressure. Soon pops out!

As Dezza says, half an our in the ‘fizzy bath’ can’t do any harm. 

Not being equipped with an ultrasonic cleaner and only having basic tools. I attempted what @Swiss Tonisuggests, only to see it get stuck deeper in the bore.

I ended up drilling and tapping the alloy piston and managed to pull it out with a long bolt that i screwed into it along with a bit of heat.

This was a common rear GSXR MC, so loss wasn't going to be much. Turns out the spiral groove of the piston was caked with sticky residue. 

Bearing in mind in my case rebuild kits contain all the internals it didn't seem like much of an issue to proceed via destructive measures for the piston, but i'm not a mechanic xD

Classic boiling water with the lid on does sound good though.