stafford show,

johnr

went to stafford at the weekend, boy am i out of touch with prices! shit a brick, there wasnt a thing worth having for under 2k, sr yam 500 for 7.5k, vincent single, 20k, 750 bsa twin, 13.5k, lc yams for 5k, at last i spotted a gs1000s with yoshi paintwork, red and white tank and fairing were nice and freshly painted, but engine was a unknown quantity, it wasnt a runner, had no wiring clocks or carbs, it had yam running gear and brakes, but was missing a lot of gs's specific stuff. it also had no reg number or v5 so would need registration. but it was still up for £1.5k, and it wasnt the only comedically priced bike there, a kat 1100 in very very good nick was priced at £8.5k, and a lot of very ordinary bikes were carrying extraordinary pricetags. i know asking and getting are two very different things, but i hadnt expected the prices of non running bitsa projects to have shot up so much in the 2 years ive not been to stafford.