Help identifying carb jet/screw

In the process of stripping and rebuilding a set of 1980 Mikuni BS 32mm carbs from a GSX750.

One of the jets (i assume its a jet?) on the inlet side of the carb is mashed and I don't want to attempt to use it again.

The exploded diagram on CMNSL doesn't seem to show it, and I can't find anything that matches the part in the parts list either?

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsx750-1980-t-e01-e02-e06-e22-e24_model13722/partslist/FIG-11.html#.XnuVeYj7SUk

Can someone tell me what it is and where I can get a replacement from? 

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 hour ago, Russ750ET said:

It doesn't appear as though Allen's stock them.

Do you know if these jets are essential to the operation of the carbs? Struggling to find much info on them but they appear to be some kind of tuning aid 

They were supplied as part of kits to enable large fours to run properly with pod filters and a four into one. Mostly, these were supplied by Ledar: the good old Ledar air corrector kit. The kit came with an M5 x 0.8 blind tap, to thread the blank hole in each carb. You then screwed in the air corrector jets, usually replaced the main jet, maybe changed the needle position and away you went with no flat spots at a fraction of the cost of a dynojet kit. If the bike is going back to stock, it will run OK without the air corrector kit. If you want to retain pod filters, the easiest way is to try and source a replacement or it will be a pig to get it to run properly. I have seen these kits periodically on ebays and Grumpys were selling Ledar kits (or their equivelents) a while back.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, dago said:

Think grumpy 1260  was doing them a while back might still have some what thread size is it and is there a size stamped on there somewhere?

I've messaged old grumps, he's going to get back to me once he's been to his unit.

The jets are M5 x 0.8 pitch and 8mm in length. I can't see any identification for the jet size and it's too small an orifice to measure accurately.

Edited by Russ750ET
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a set of GSX750 carbies, I do have a jet, but my carbies have only one jet I can take out, the other side looks fixed.

The jet I have has 150 stamped in it, if I read it correctly.

You can have it if it's the right size.

I can send you the housing of 1 carb if you can't find anything.

Edited by Reinhoud
On 4/22/2020 at 1:59 AM, Reinhoud said:

I've got a set of GSX750 carbies, I do have a jet, but my carbies have only one jet I can take out, the other side looks fixed.

The jet I have has 150 stamped in it, if I read it correctly.

You can have it if it's the right size.

I can send you the housing of 1 carb if you can't find anything.

Sorry, only just seen this

The jet you are referring too is the air jet, which fortunately are in good condition in all of my carbs.

Really appreciate your offer though and will keep it in mind if I ever require any carb parts in the future. Cheers.  

• Like 1