Gsxr zorst on b12

wraith

This topic needs an article as there is much confusionO.o E.g. I have seen Yoshi NOS pipes for slabbies with 'fits GSXR 750/1100' written on the box. There are lots of potential pipe/engine combinations, which in turn may need one of the three sump combos to work.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dezza said:

This topic needs an article as there is much confusionO.o E.g. I have seen Yoshi NOS pipes for slabbies with 'fits GSXR 750/1100' written on the box. There are lots of potential pipe/engine combinations, which in turn may need one of the three sump combos to work.

That sounds like a good idea ;) and if it's anything like the carb rubbers one, a great help. Maybe put air cooled ones in as well, as there is always questions on which zorst will fit which (y)

3 hours ago, wraith said:

That sounds like a good idea ;) and if it's anything like the carb rubbers one, a great help. Maybe put air cooled ones in as well, as there is always questions on which zorst will fit which (y)

I don't have the time at the moment to do this but I would be happy to co-write another piece on exhaust interchangability with someone else, which will involve collating info from the other memebrs of the forum:)

• Like 1

nope it will not, not without bending the header pipes up a bit. this was on a 1052 block as well, the 1127 and 1157 blocks are the same height and a bit taller than a 1052 which would require even more bending of the header pipes. these were yoshimura headers for a 750k

IMG_2598.jpg

Edited by Gixxerguy86
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Gixxerguy86 said:

nope it will not, not without bending the header pipes up a bit. this was on a 1052 block as well, the 1127 and 1157 blocks are the same height and a bit taller than a 1052 which would require even more bending of the header pipes. these were yoshimura headers for a 750k

IMG_2598.jpg

Interesting. I guess the longer stroke 750 slabsides have taller blocks than the short stroke 750 slingshot engines.

22 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Interesting. I guess the longer stroke 750 slabsides have taller blocks than the short stroke 750 slingshot engines.

they absolutely do, I'm running a slingshot 750 top end on my slabby 750 bottom end and had to use a block spacer to get the corrected piston deck height, among other things to make this work but I digress

Edited by Gixxerguy86
  • Like 1