B12 and 1100w Akra

bluedog59

2 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

GSXR1100 Akra. Has anybody fitted a w/c system on an o/c ?

I have a w/c Akrapovic system on a slingshot I'm building. Was a better looking fit than the oil cooled Akrapovic system! Didn't need to change sump. Only mod done was I had to do was turn down the heads slightly on the two bolts for the cross brace of the removable cradle as they just about touched downpipe no.3

@bluedog59 Have you any pics of the Akra system? I find with Akrapovic that a few different versions of designs for the same application.  I own 4 different Akra systems.

In the pic, left gsxr 1100 o/c, middle gsxr 1100 w/c 4-1, and right bandit 1200 4-1.

20190811_161732.jpg

Edited by Jaydee
16 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

My 1100 w/c Akra runs 2-1 down each side off the sump then joins into 1 behind the sump.

Different again! This is the version I used. As said they have different variants. Akra might have one type for banana arm and another for braced arm w/c models(?) Either that or there's a choice of 4-1 and 4-2-1 for the same application(?) I liked the way the ones I used were tight to the frame as gappy systems are a pet hate of mine.

20200224_183209.jpg

20200224_183057.jpg

Edited by Jaydee
1 hour ago, bluedog59 said:

My 1100 w/c Akra runs 2-1 down each side off the sump then joins into 1 behind the sump.

The wc system you leant me didn't fit the blandit 12 motor at all as it fouled the engine mounting cradle of my frame so the nature of the frame scaffolding  in front of the engine is probably going to largely determine whether the idea will work or not.