Big block for road use

1260Pete1

5 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Just that, those tope end ones fed off the rocker, are at best no benefit whatsoever, but more likely they actually reduce the oil supply/pressure to your crank and cams

The oil pressure through barrel studs holes is sufficient to feed cams. The issue can be with big blocks leaking, so this oil feed gets blocked off and oil is taken out of the main gallery restricted with a jet so not to loose the delicate oil pressure balance and connected into end of rocker shafts.

The picture above instead takes oil cooled feed and tries to put said oil into the last bit of pressure side feeding the cams. 

With difference of 80 psi to 5 psi doh. Doesn't work does it..

2 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

The oil pressure through barrel studs holes is sufficient to feed cams. The issue can be with big blocks leaking, so this oil feed gets blocked off and oil is taken out of the main gallery restricted with a jet so not to loose the delicate oil pressure balance and connected into end of rocker shafts.

The picture above instead takes oil cooled feed and tries to put said oil into the last bit of pressure side feeding the cams. 

With difference of 80 psi to 5 psi doh. Doesn't work does it..

This is what I was getting at. 

All the people that have them on there bikes as well as the standard oil past the studs supply are actually reducing the oil pressure to the cams and crank, albeit not by much, you cant force 5psi into 80 psi, actually goes the other way and the 80psi gets lower as a result. 

Probably never be a problem because the oil system supplies more than is needed and will cope with the extra flow, but I wont risk it on my bikes. Im not arsed about looking good