36 carbs on powerscreen engine

Ivan

Been reading a lot of topics about carburation, stil have some questions not able to find.

What type of 36 mm are best choice (spacing, setting etc), gsx750f ones have plastic inside for example quess not ideal.

Are all 36 mm inlets the same? Have some from gsx750f, will they fit on 1127 engine with 36 carbs of 750r/1100g for example.

Someone can give some basic settings to start with, standard air filter in original housing, standard engine with 4 in 1 exhaust.

As far as I know you can use any GSXR1100 carbs, 1200 Bandit carbs and I think GSXR750 carbs will fit. All will need setting up regardless, some less than others. Some of the early 1100's had 34mm carbs and some later used 40mm so you will need to have the correct inlet rubbers for these.

There is some discussion that putting b12 carbs on a GSXR11, especially the 1127cc might not be the best as the b12 carb only has 1 fuel intake to spread between the 4 float bowls. Having never tried it myself, I dont know if this is right or not. Maybe with a standard 1127cc motor it wont matter.

If you're not into pissing about setting stuff up, then the best carbs for a bike, are the carbs the manufacturer put on it in the first place.

Dont forget that carb sizes are measured on the Internal diameter not external diameter of the outlets. (engine side)

• Like 1