How much should I expect to pay ....

imago

2 minutes ago, R1guy said:

I think you’re jumping the gun a bit.

Firstly you need to find a running one that someone actually wants to sell...

However there was one on the ‘bay for ages for £750 buy-it-now if that helps ....supposedly it was a runner

I have a line on one locally, but I haven't spoken to him about it. So just needed an idea of what's a reasonable amount before I do really.

49 minutes ago, imago said:

I have a line on one locally, but I haven't spoken to him about it. So just needed an idea of what's a reasonable amount before I do really.

Condition and Spec makes a big difference "but even a knackered one is worth good money in bits"

A £15 bore cam of flee bay is a handy tool when looking at motors  

What is your end game for the engine ?

45 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Condition and Spec makes a big difference "but even a knackered one is worth good money in bits"

A £15 bore cam of flee bay is a handy tool when looking at motors  

What is your end game for the engine ?

It was an out of the blue thing when it came up. I considered it to rebuild instead of rebuilding the ET engine if it came at a reasonable enough price, but it's a plan 'B' really.

2 hours ago, imago said:

It was an out of the blue thing when it came up. I considered it to rebuild instead of rebuilding the ET engine if it came at a reasonable enough price, but it's a plan 'B' really.

TBH unless I know the motors history I always treatthem as needed a rebuild and price according 

be cheaky and offer £150,  if he says no you should at least get what he wants out of him.