cyclinder head woe

Hello, I'm currently rebuilding a 1100m Basket case that the previous owner had had for 12 years 10 of those years it was in bits. I'm already in too deep to abandon it but, with the latest finding (there have been many others) I really feel like giving up :-( 

I would appreciate  peoples views on wether the damage to the cylinder head exhaust thread pictured is repairable or, if I should start looking for a replacement - which brings a second question as bandit 1200 bits seem much more easy to obtain.

Is it possible to have it welded up and, re drill / tap in situ or,  has the head got to come off?

Any recommendations as to who to use to repair this? -I'm in the midlands - Leicestershire.

Otherwise apart from weld repair / salvage, what options do I have?  Possibly replace cylinder head or, complete engine? 

Would a Early bandit 1200 head be a straight swap? 

If it is not worth the aggro, there are several bandit 1200 engines on Eblag at the moment for what I see as reasonable money, would all the other bits off the M - cdi, coils, carbs etc work with the 1200 engine?   

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 09.52.19.png

Head should be repairable. SEP in Kegworth would be first port of call.

Bandit  head will fit, but you will need to use the m cam gears on the bandit cams. bandit cams are tame, but the m shim head cams won't work with the bandit head. you'll need 1100j,k, or l cams for top end power.

13 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Head should be repairable. SEP in Kegworth would be first port of call.

edit - Yes, I have already sent an enquiry to them, I've used them before but not for this kind of repair.

Edited by billyam998
quote edited / added to