Front End Swap

Jimbo90

An ask on all your expert opinions and knowledge.

1999 My GSX750 W/X (Inazuma) forks are buggered and finding replacement is very difficult due to it only being manufactured for 2 years.

So I am swapping the Forks to Mk1 Bandit ones as they are almost a straight swap. The ones Ive got my eyes on are forks and calipers. Dont need the Triple Tree as they will go straight in to my original ones. Only thing is no wheel or discs. 

Very little info on my bike that I can find So the question is will my old wheel fit? Can it fit with alterations such as spacers and bearings etc. Or am I just better off buying another wheel to fit?

Thanks

The bushings fouled locking the Stanchion and leg together with no movement. Had to use and oil strap to twist stanchion to break the bushings out causing damage to not only the stanchion but appears to be leg as well. Would have to get machined and new cast laid in to damaged area where seal sits. Gonna get pricey.

Yep, it definitely sounds like your forks are buggered. If you can identify any parts shared with your innosumo and Blandits (as FBOB is inferring) then this is going to make things a whole lot easier to mix and match parts to get a working front end with minimal grief. Will be interesting to know how this pans out:)