ET clocks

Swiss Toni

11 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

@imagoCheers! Take a look at my wanted post. See if you can help me out?

I need to have a (long overdue) sort out of what's there so that I can make a pile of stuff I need to keep and stuff that I can get rid of. At the moment it's been that long since I stripped the bike I can't remember what I need O.o There is a set of tidy clocks there for the rebuild, but until I test/check them I don't know if everything works so I don't know if I need to cannibalise the rough looking set which I know are functionally fine.

As another example I'm pretty sure I have a complete set of bodywork (inc rear light, seat and UK tank) but I can't be certain until I dig it all out and make sure I have what I need to rebuild the 'project' ET.

This is the back of the old/rough set of clocks, it's the same set up as the decent set and the ones on the other bike.

IMG_20190302_085140.jpg

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Cheers! That plate on the fiche may be for another market. 

Maybe it was discontinued early on as it wasn't necessary? The back of the cluster is pretty well covered so I can't see what benefit an additional cover would give. Plus anything that gives a bit more room for the rats nest of wiring and connectors stuffed behind the headlamp can only be a good thing.

17 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

No. It's the lower half of the clock housing. 

Are we looking at the same bit? Numbered (in two places) as 39, with two rectangular 'holes' shown and two circles. That's the bit I thought you were referring to, which is definitely the orange plastic.

5 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

@imago#39's are the rubber mounting cushions for the clocks to bracket. 

Ah right. Just had a look on CMSNL out of curiosity and there are two covers listed. The smaller version is as all the photos above, and another that appears deeper in the centre section but doesn't go as far as a full cover.

It's an odd difference as the deeper cover is deeper in the centre, but still only goes down part way?